Misunderstanding

I felt like a registered member was a cop today so I did stop responding to his calls and texts. I didn't want to say anything else to him and for that it may seem to some as a bad thing but I have to be safe intead of being sorry later. I'm not going to put myself in harms way if I can help it. If I'm wrong I apologize....
Always trust your gut, Lyric. If you ever feel uneasy, not responding is a pefectly safe way to go, for both parties.

IMO If you are not talking, then you can't say anything that can cause you trouble.

If the guy is legit, he should get the hint that something came up that made you uneasy.... and that something could entirely be not his fault. He should simply move on.

There are plenty of things that can "come up" when we communicate with a lady.... we can say the wrong thing, we can say something that reminds you of someone else, we may reveal a taste or preference you don't care to cater to, you may figure out you know us/our family in real life.... plenty of things that can easily come up.... Many of them through no fault of the gent.

Stopping communication and doing nothing else leaves no harm and no foul.

Respectfully,

OldSarge
If a date had been scheduled or was in the works, then I would definitely like to know I was being cutoff.

If you are either afraid or too polite to say "I'm not interested in seeing you, please stop contacting me" then at least have the decency to make up a lame excuse so as to not leave him hanging.

Something like "my incall was just fumigated and all of my clothes and hair smell like rat poison and it will take 4 months to wash it all out."

It depends on the situation and what discussions had already taken place, but you don't want to get a rep for bad TCB.