Cows and Captialism

Okay I'm confused. Is this thread about a pretty funny joke or Charles beginning to compare providers to cows? Originally Posted by Ansley
Or milking a provider like a cow? If Suckling Nipples, I'm in!!!
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=189920 Originally Posted by pjorourke
PJ, I'm appalled. I thought you hated polls that were biased to one viewpoint.
Not if its my viewpoint.
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I made you laugh. Now that you have a lighter heart, go back and read Lauren's joke. It's okay though, you don't have to admit that you smiled an itty bitty bit.
@Ansley

I've spent a great deal of my life trying to fight stereotypes. People think of them as jokes, but they are really insidious in lots of ways. People should be judged on their own merit and stereotypes water that down at the expense of a whole group of people.

So, excuse me all to hell for taking this seriously.
Is this where I start all the lightbulb jokes?
@Ansley

I've spent a great deal of my life trying to fight stereotypes. People think of them as jokes, but they are really insidious in lots of ways. People should be judged on their own merit and stereotypes water that down at the expense of a whole group of people.

So, excuse me all to hell for taking this seriously. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I agree. I hate to say it, not because I'm agreeing with you, Charles, but because you are being publicly flogged and I might be jumping in to join you. I find myself offended by jokes playing on stereotypes of women; what kind of person would I be if I didn't get offended for groups of which I am not a part?
Is this where I start all the lightbulb jokes? Originally Posted by discreetgent
How about Aggie jokes. I love them.
So Mod, a Provider, and a Hobbyist walk in to a bar.....
I've never met an ethic gr that couldn't laugh at themselves amongst friends. The problem is not making jokes, it's not realizing their jokes. Making you either a politically correct tight ass or a prejudice jackass. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
Lauren, I have no problem with ethnic/cultural humor as long as it has a basis in truth. I know Germans who would invade Russia again rather than give up their orlop, so I find that part funny. I know of no actual evidence that Poles are stupid, so I don't find that part funny. And I said it might be considered offensive, not that I consider it offensive. No, I'm not politically correct and I don't think I'm prejudiced. Well, maybe a little bit against the French but they just make it too easy. I'll plead guilty to jackass on general principles, though.
So Mod, a Provider, and a Hobbyist walk in to a bar..... Originally Posted by SR Only
Could be the same person
If you go through life looking for offense from every quarter, that is where you will find it.

Jokes about stereotypes are funny because they make fun of the stereotypes.
German cows are smarter than their Japanese counterparts since they can get 13 weeks of paid vacation...LOL...but the Italian farmer has got it going on hee hee hee.
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2011, 10:00 AM
If you go through life looking for offense from every quarter, that is where you will find it.

Jokes about stereotypes are funny because they make fun of the stereotypes. Originally Posted by Iaintliein

I agree..... now lets check out everyone real sense of humor and fairness.

Q: What's a Jewish dilemma?
A: Free ham.

Q: How did they know that Jesus was Jewish?
A: Because he lived at home until he was thirty, he went into his father's business, his mother thought he was God, and he thought his mother was a virgin

Did you hear about the man who was half-Polish and half-Jewish?
He made himself an offer he couldn't understand.

Ha ha ha