rappers selling out ?

Ludicrous advertising for peanut butter. Snoop Dog advertising for security systems and other products.

Selling out.....or just the realization rappers are in it for the money ?
  • BLM69
  • 10-11-2021, 05:29 PM
What they selling out on? Going to prison? They're securing generational wealth, I wouldn't consider Luda on the same level as Snoop Dogg in rapping skills.
Not on any level.
  • Typo
  • 10-12-2021, 06:48 AM
Why would using their celebrity status to represent brands that pay them big money make them sellouts?
  • Smerc
  • 10-12-2021, 07:47 AM
At the end of the day somebody is selling something and someone needs to sell it.

I think a lot of the hate comes from seeing rich people get richer. Luda might like peanut butter and snoop probably has a good security system at his house considering rap seems to come with a lot of paranoia considering how many rappers are dying as of late. As long as the cost it takes to get them on TV to shill some shit isn't passed to the consumer then I'm fine with it. No fucks given here. Shaq sells a lot of stuff, but people love shaq.
Why would using their celebrity status to represent brands that pay them big money make them sellouts? Originally Posted by Typo

Because they are selling their name.

Or, they aren't selling their art. But the endorsement.

As a creative, selling your work in creative, and corporate ways, is selling out.

I think in this case, I don't know the Luda situation too well, it is not selling out. If you want to use my caché to sell your shit, fine. If you want to help me sell my shit and take a cut, I sold out should I agree. Make sense?

• BLM69
  • 10-14-2021, 02:32 AM
Snoop Dogg will be the half time show this Superbowl, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Mary j Blige, Kendrick Lamar. Rappers have surpassed Rock Stars in fame and money. Ludacris will be watching the show from his house 😂

I do like his acting abilities in the fast and furious franchise, who remembers the "skinny black" character he played in hustle and flow?
Get that money in any way
Get that money in any way Originally Posted by sassybrianna
Too right, pretty-bird. $$$$

### Salty
I like JIF creamy peanut butter.
Point being . . . ?

Since you started the thread.