When will I be able to reply

Recently joined ECCIE, but still have not been able to reply to the providers, so what is the next step?
Please explain what you are trying to do.

Thanks
I have been trying to repond to a providers ad. PM?

{In my best outsourced to India tech-support voice}

"Thank you for calling eccie technical support. My name is Nasim. How I can help you"

Are you sending them an actual 'Private Message', or are you hitting the "Reply" key directly under the ad?

I'll bet a bag of Pork Rinds that the reason it's not working for you is because you're hitting the "Reply" button below her ad. The system is set up so that nobody is allowed to reply--because it's an ad. as opposed to a discussion thread where you are allowed to comment.

That's probably where the mix-up's occurring.

To send a Private Message, look at the member's user-name located in the upper left hand corner of their post (or in this case her ad)

Click on their user-name and a drop-down box will appear.
Select the second one down which says, "Send a private Message to..."

A separate window will open and you simply input your text in the appropriate fields.
Then hit "Send message" button when you're finished and close that window.

Give that a shot and I'll betcha' it'll work.

"Thank you for using eccie technical support. Goodbye."

You're absolutely right I was hitting the reply button. Thanks for the help SF.

{In my best outsourced to India tech-support voice}

"Thank you for calling eccie technical support. My name is Nasim. How I can help you"

Are you sending them an actual 'Private Message', or are you hitting the "Reply" key directly under the ad?

I'll bet a bag of Pork Rinds that the reason it's not working for you is because you're hitting the "Reply" button below her ad. The system is set up so that nobody is allowed to reply--because it's an ad. as opposed to a discussion thread where you are allowed to comment.

That's probably where the mix-up's occurring.

To send a Private Message, look at the member's user-name located in the upper left hand corner of their post (or in this case her ad)

Click on their user-name and a drop-down box will appear.
Select the second one down which says, "Send a private Message to..."

A separate window will open and you simply input your text in the appropriate fields.
Then hit "Send message" button when you're finished and close that window.

Give that a shot and I'll betcha' it'll work.

"Thank you for using eccie technical support. Goodbye."

Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
Now that right there is funny...I don't care who you are.

Thanks for the assist SFK!

LAP
{tech support accent on}

You are many both welcomed. I am glad opportunity for help.

{accent off}

Glad it worked and happy to lend a hand.

Now where are my Pork Rinds? Heh!

SKF