Fate is a Bitch

I made a joke on SexyKatie’s string in the Coed forum about polar vortex and power outages and man, as fate would have it, I paid for my remarks!

My power was out for a day and a half, like soo many others, with the storm! No heat, no hot water! The first night I stupidly thought I could hang, “only 33 degrees”, WRONG! Up most of the night freezing my ass!!! After the power came back on only partial power was restored. Turns out one fuse to my meter blew and the main power cable smoked. Stayed at Quality Inn! Maintenance guy is a pretty handy fella. Got another fuse but had to wait for the cable. Stayed with my son! Finally got the cable “jerry rigged”! Small code violation but it works!

Needless to say, need to watch what I say! Fate is a bitch!

How old is your system, that it still uses fuses? I would upgrade to a 200Amp breaker box and fast, if you are total electric.
I made a joke on SexyKatie’s string in the Coed forum about polar vortex and power outages and man, as fate would have it, I paid for my remarks!

My power was out for a day and a half, like soo many others, with the storm! No heat, no hot water! The first night I stupidly thought I could hang, “only 33 degrees”, WRONG! Up most of the night freezing my ass!!! After the power came back on only partial power was restored. Turns out one fuse to my meter blew and the main power cable smoked. Stayed at Quality Inn! Maintenance guy is a pretty handy fella. Got another fuse but had to wait for the cable. Stayed with my son! Finally got the cable “jerry rigged”! Small code violation but it works!

Needless to say, need to watch what I say! Fate is a bitch!

Originally Posted by dumars
There is power in words spoken thats for sure! Now go play the lottery and speak your win into existence