What is "The Conference Room?"

I haven't posted much here lately.

However, a couple of weeks ago I alluded (somewhat obliquely) to an invitation-only ECCIE discussion forum, after which I received a number of PMs asking about it. The forum is called The Conference Room, and is envisioned as a place to engage in discussion of finance, markets, investments, public policy, technology, and other topical issues of the day.

What it is not is a political forum -- at least not in the sense that this forum is. There are areas of intersection, though, since public policy discussions are necessarily ideological. We are just not interested in the usual Democrat vs. Republican shit-slinging. After all, there are plenty of opportunities to engage in that right here. Included in the topics that may be discussed from time to time are energy issues, financial regulation, and fiscal policy matters, including the budget process and tax policy. All of those issues have import for the economy as a whole, and therefore for the markets.

If you are seriously interested in participating in the new forum, please let me know by posting here or sending me a PM.
  • WTF
  • 01-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Could you dumb that down for COG , JD and the like!
Timothy H Tebow....
Another secret forum?
Timothy H Tebow....
Another secret forum? Originally Posted by boardman
There are others??????

BTW, at least two of us honored this thread with a "Five Star" rating to offset whoever it was that gave it a "One Star" rating.
When you just sit in your own little room and play with yourself, that's called masturbation.
When you just sit in your own little room and play with yourself, that's called masturbation. Originally Posted by Jackie S
OK, I'll put you down not only as a "no," but a "hell no!!"

You have a nice evening, too, sir.
OK, I'll put you down not only as a "no," but a "hell no!!"

You have a nice evening, too, sir. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Not necessarily, keep in mind, in order to have debate, you should have opposing sides.
Not necessarily, keep in mind, in order to have debate, you should have opposing sides. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I totally disagree!
Jackie, was miss understood. Let's have a do over. He's one of the best! fuckers
Jackie, was miss understood. Let's have a do over. He's one of the best! fuckers Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Does this mean you two are a item now? You must be the catcher.
Not necessarily, keep in mind, in order to have debate, you should have opposing sides. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I expect that there will be plenty of "sides taken" in The Conference Room, since a rather large number of people have expressed an interest in joining. Or, at the very least, there will be a fair number of people on one side or another of an issue, and they will be encouraged to offer their perspectives.

I totally disagree! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Well, I suppose you do have a point.

In this forum, it seems to be considered an effective "debating" technique to tell anyone who disagrees with you that he's full of shit, ignore the substance contained in whatever he posted, declare victory, and go home!
  • Old-T
  • 01-15-2015, 10:08 PM
There are others??????

BTW, at least two of us honored this thread with a "Five Star" rating to offset whoever it was that gave it a "One Star" rating.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
OK, credit due when credit is earned. I agree with IB's post. And following his example I gave it 5-stars as well.
LMAO! Most of these jolly jerk offs have never seen a Conference room, let alone cleaned one.
LMAO! Most of these jolly jerk offs have never seen a Conference room, let alone cleaned one. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Captain isn't talking about the restroom stalls you frequent.
How many people are participating in the Conference Room?

Is there a link to this Conference Room so we can see the elevated level of discussion and content that is taking place?

Care to share what the top 3 topics that are currently being discussed in the Conference Room.

Anyone else (other than CM) currently participating ?

Thanks