Possible scam posing as a client

Ok so I just have to throw this out there and see what the masses think. I am calling bull shit but y'all chime in and let me know how you feel about it.

So I check my spam folder and I see a message from a guy named Fred Jeremy, he says he is in town on business for three days and wants to schedule some time with me. All together 6 hours over the next three days and also a 2 hour party. He says he is from Germany and that his work will be covering all expenses, but that a check would be mailed to me before our meeting and I could cash it to make sure it's legit. I mean obviously this is a bunch of shit, and when I asked him where he found my add he mentioned some crazy ass site that I signed up for, but never put a profile up on. Anyhow just thought I'd pass this along so maybe no one else would run across this jokester.
If it went into your spam folder, there is probably a good reason. Also, never accept a check. It may take your bank weeks to discover its counterfeit.

Just delete and move on.
Classic "advance payment" scam. You get these if you do ANY kind of freelance work; fortunately they're very easy to recognize. I get a lot of them for my tutoring business.
They use this same scam for all sorts of things. Most of the time it's used on CL or other sites for selling just about anything. Here this will explain it better. http://www.fraud.org/scams/general-f...ke-check-scams
An overseas check might take 3 or more weeks to finally clear. After which the bank will say "no valid account or something similar"
Very common scam. Sell something someplace, get huge check way over the amount. Buyer says take an extra thousand out for you send the rest via Western Union back.
Bank one month later says you owe what you took out of the account
Could be L E too. Different tactic
I got the same email. I googled the phone number and eventually ended up on a cached page where another provider was talking about her experience. Turns out that it was indeed the check scam.
Next thing you know the President of Kenya will say you must take care of their treasury.