Are there any George Carlin fans out there?

I haven't listened to Carlin much in my lifetime but I'm thinking of changing that. I found a book of his in a throw away pile of a friend, "Brain Droppings". So far it's interesting but I'm betting that some of his other writings are more so.

After remembering some funny sayings in signature lines here from Carlin, well I would like to try to find some of his skits online and read more books of his.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Should I run an opinion poll on the man?

Looking for some heady laughs,
Elisabeth
  • coven
  • 11-11-2011, 08:18 PM
In football you march into enemy territory to get to the end zone;
In baseball you get to go home.

Liz, where is all the blue food?
George Carlin was the best!! Brilliant!! The Hippy Dippy weatherman - The seven words you can't say on TV - Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?? - If God is all powerful, can He make a rock so big, that He Himself can not lift it??

Liz baby - check out some of his old stuff on YouTube - I dare you not to laugh in an embarrassing way!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...nJUJIlFU5X-WIQ
Liz-

Log on to half.com. You can find most of his CD's on there for a few bucks and they are comedy gold. I'd start with "Class Clown."

Maybe not as much fun as some of you providers on here, but a different kind of fun.
  • Mokoa
  • 11-11-2011, 10:52 PM
You really need to find the album Occupation Foole.

It is a premier sample of his craft.
As Carlin aged he was still brilliant but his comedy developed a sharper, darker edge.
This partial score just in:

New York - 3

-----------------

He was a dangerous man because he knew how the human mind worked and could articulate it in humorous ways.
Oh wow. This is getting exciting. I have always heard powerful things about this person but I thought that he was ... well ... heavily involved with things that we cannot discuss here.

A dark soul in ways that perhaps added to his brilliance as a comic?

I was reading last night that "The Seven Words" were actually part of the nine words that Lenny Bruce used years earlier? Anyone else heard that?

I have limited faith in Wikipedia.

Warm kisses,
Elisabeth
  • Paven
  • 11-12-2011, 07:51 AM
I loved him as the conductor on the Thomas the Train show .
Oh wow. This is getting exciting. I have always heard powerful things about this person but I thought that he was ... well ... heavily involved with things that we cannot discuss here. He was

A dark soul in ways that perhaps added to his brilliance as a comic? Most really good comics, artists, etc are. Not to mention clowns...heh heh heh

I was reading last night that "The Seven Words" were actually part of the nine words that Lenny Bruce used years earlier? Anyone else heard that? Maybe two of them had moved into the mainstream in 15 years. One's not doing their job if they don't "appropriate" good material.

I have limited faith in Wikipedia. suscribe to Britannica online.

Warm kisses,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I'd have loved to see him and your buddy's buddy Glenn Beck hook it up...LOL.
My favorite Carlin bit:

Carlin's Mother: "Don't you understand English?"
Carlin: "Not fully."
NOPE! I thought he was just another NYC BOOR.

But,in my defense,I smoke cigarettes,only

;>)
Admired by both the right and left; I roar everytime I hear his rant against "environmentalists".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw
He worked as a Ft Worth dj early in his career.