Immortals

Watched it opening night. I guess I should have had less expectations and it would have been a better. Was expecting alot better from the makers of 300. Nice special effects but the story was under par. Oh and there depiction of Zeus was way off from everything I've read of movies I saw. What no lightning bolts come on.
  • MrGiz
  • 11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
. . . . What no lightning bolts come on. Originally Posted by rrabbit6926
Are you sure you're not thinking of Thor ?
When I found out the makers of 300 made it, my expectations were sufficiently low to enjoy it.
according to Michael Medved, this movie is so bad that the producers refused to release it ahead of time to critics to review.....they wanted to be able to fool thousands of suckers into paying to watch this turd before the word gets out........
Swill.
Well imaged and choreographed sfx
Swill

Theseus a slave? gack-pfft-gurk indeed!

Zeus no lightning bolts?! CRAP
Thats like Superman walking everywhere.

This is loosely based on greek deities.
In that pantheon Zeus is the Stormer.
In Nordic mythos Thor is the Stormer.
Both names refer to the planet Jupiter.

Ehh, I'm disappointed no one has ever done
The Trojan War on the scale deserved.
That would be awesome if they would
just follow the Illiad. If only.
I think it is a sign of the degeneration of our times that a movie would dedicate itself to Immorals. What if our children see that? What will they become? Oh wait, . . . shit . . . the movie is Immortals, not Immorals. My mistake. Sorry, move along. Nothing to see here.
Acting in Movies is now replaced by computer generated special affects.

I don't even bother. It will be on my Direct TV in short time, I can give it 5 minutes and switch the station.

That's what I did with 300.