Herman Cain’s ‘Oops’

We all know that the Koch brothers are the money behind Cain. Maybe they should have spent some of it on educating the poor man. Basically the goof-ball is saying that what ever Obama is for he is against. Note where he says that Obama support the belief that Gadhafi was killing his own citizens so of course he has the opposing view that he was not. WTF!

ABC News’ Michael Falcone reports:
Even Rick Perry acknowledged that his brain freeze at last week’s presidential debate was embarrassing. But, Herman Cain’s interview with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel editorial board on Monday may have topped it.
A video posted by the newspaper shows Cain struggling through the answer to a straightforward question posed by one of the editors who asks: “So, you agree with President Obama on Libya, or not?”
“Ok, Libya,” Cain replies, followed by 10 seconds of silence that the presidential candidate fills by looking down at the table and fidgeting with a bottle of water.
Then Cain turns to the reporters, appearing to ask for their reassurance on two facts: “President Obama supported the uprising, correct? President Obama called for the removal of Gadhafi?” he says. “Just want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing before I say, ‘yes I agree, I know I didn’t agree.”
“I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason,” Cain continues, his eyes looking up as if searching for the point he’s trying to make. “No, that’s a different one,” he adds, followed by more silence.
He starts up again: “I gotta go back to — got all this stuff twirling around in my head.”
Then Cain asks the editors to re-state their original question: “Specifically, what are you asking me, did I agree or not disagree with on what?”
The editor repeats: “I was wondering if you would agree with what he did or if you would have responded differently? It’s an issue that’s come up since you’ve been running for office.”
Finally, after more than a minute of apparent confusion, Cain attempts his response once more:
“Here’s what I would have — I would have done a better job of determining who the opposition is, and I’m sure that our intelligence people have some of that information. Based upon who made up that opposition — ok — based upon who made up that opposition, might have caused me to make some different decisions about how we participated. Secondly, no, I did not agree with Gadhafi killing his citizens. Absolutely not. So something would have had to been — I would have supported many of the things they did in order to help stop that. It’s not a simple yes-no, because there are different pieces and I would have gone about assessing the situation differently, which might have caused us to end up in the same place. But where I think more could have been done was, what’s the nature of the opposition?”
Cain’s difficulty with the answer to a basic question about Libya underscores concerns over the depth of his knowledge on foreign policy — an issue that has not been his strong-suit during the primary race. Most recently, in an interview with the PBS “NewsHour,” Cain seemed unaware China’s nuclear weapons program.
The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO did little to convince critics that he has a detailed grasp of international affairs at Saturday night’s presidential debate in South Carolina, which focused those subjects. Before the debate, Cain’s campaign manager, Mark Block, told ABC News that the campaign’s spokesman, J.D. Gordon, also doubles as the candidate’s chief tutor on foreign policy.
Racists
And the President we have now has a 'grasp' on foreign affairs?

The left says that because of President Bush, many Foreign Countrys despise us.

Under President Obama, they just ignore us.
Big Louie, your ignorance is showing again. Cain was uh, straightforward about, uh, what did you ask again? Oh yeah. He was solid in his, uh, support for, or, uh, was it opposition to, uh, something Obama did in, where was it? Oh, Africa, right.

Sorry Big Louie, it wasn't your ignorance showing this time. It was Cain's. That was painful.

There is no way Obama can win re-election, but there are hundreds of ways the Republicans can lose it. This is just one of those ways.
And the President we have now has a 'grasp' on foreign affairs?
Originally Posted by Jackie S
Obama is far better on foreign affairs than any of the candidates as it stands now. His record pretty much shows that.

Thus far he has done a pretty good job, although I don't expect you or any other republicans to agree.
It's not just Republicans who disagree. Plenty of Democrats and Independents disagree as well. As they should. What does his record show that would make anyone think he has been good on foreign policy? He always is criticizing America when he is out of the country. Most recently he referred to us as "lazy." He has battled Afghanistan to a stalemate. He is being booted from Iraq. (Thankfully). He managed to set events in motion in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya to remove any impediments to the establishment of Sharia Law in those countries. He openly disrespects Israel, one of the few real allies we have. Russia is returning to dictatorship. China is taking over as the world powerhouse economy. Plans are being made to replace the dollar with another currency for international trade.

For which of these accomplishments is President Obama to be honored?
Not to mention he will be forcing Israel to stand alone and take out the Nuclear Sites in Iran that our Moron in Chief still believes are for peaceful purposes.

Not only is the World ignoring us, they are laughing. Wouldn't you just love to hear the conversations that Putin and his buddies have about President Obama?
To start with:

1. The death of Osama bin Laden. Defense Secretary Robert Gates stated that President Obama’s authorization to raid bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan was “one of the most courageous” decisions he had ever seen a president make. The founder of al-Qaeda and reported mastermind behind the September 11 and other mass-casualty attacks was definitely one of the world’s most feared men. The valiant actions of central intelligence and the elite Navy SEAL fighters who captured and killed bin Laden brought a certain degree of relief to the families of 9/11 victims and jubilation worldwide.
2. The death of al-Qaeda’s No. 2 leader. U.S. and Pakistani officials recently confirmed that Atiyah abd al-Rahman was killed during a missile strike in the tribal region of Wazinstan, Pakistan. al-Rahman’s death further weakens the terrorist group and brings “the strategic dismantling of al-Qaeda a step closer,” as expressed by CIA director David Petraeus.

3. Iraq. One of the primary messages of his presidential campaign was the withdrawal of combat troops out of Iraq. President Obama and his National Defense personnel were able to implement this promise, as more than 90,000 combat troops were withdrawn out of Iraq by August 31, 2010.
4. New START. The New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START) is a bilateral treaty between the United States and the Russian Federation that is designed to reduce the number of strategic nuclear missile launchers by half and to establish a new inspection and verification regime. The treaty was ratified by Congress after being signed in 2010 by President Obama and President Medvedev. The agreement is expected to last until 2021.
5. Libya. President Obama was initially criticized by both sides of the aisle for intervening in the Libyan revolution. In fact, Democratic Representative Dennis Kucinich reportedly stated that Obama’s actions were impeachable. The president’s decision to join with N.A.T.O. in removing Ghaddafi from power was a gamble but it ultimately worked. To be sure, the rebels in Libya were largely responsible for bringing down the dictator, but American military involvement from the air was certainly helpful. Importantly, there were no American troop casualties.
6. Closure of secret detention facilities. In 2009,President Obama ordered the closure of secret detention facilities in Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East that allegedly involved torture, abuse and humiliation of suspected terrorists.
7. Haiti earthquake relief. The Obama administration provided over $1 billion in humanitarian aid to Haiti in the aftermath of the massive earthquake that occurred in 2010. Pundits across the board agree that the U.S. response to the crisis was well-organized, timely and very aggressive.
8. East Africa famine relief. President Obama recently approved $105 million in humanitarian aid in the Horn of Africa to help combat the famine which has adversely and tragically affected a plethora of children and adults. The funds will be used for food, shelter, water, health and sanitation assistance.
Well, 1 and 2 are debatable. Killing someone is hardly a foreign policy.
As far as 3 goes, we are being booted out by Iraq, which is good, because otherwise Obama would have us stay.
4. Really.
5. Libya was a disaster. Libya will become a Muslim state under Sharia Law. It was never our business, and the only reason we went there was to protect oil interests, which are in as much danger now as they were before. This has been discussed in another thread.
6. Like he promised to close Gitmo? How do we know that "secret" installations have been closed?
7. If all it takes to be a foreign policy great is throwing money, then President Obama is world class.
8. See #7. How much of the aid went to the people, and how much lined the pockets of despots?

I know you want a liberal President. That would be fine, but this guy is in over his head.
It's not just Republicans who disagree. Plenty of Democrats and Independents disagree as well. As they should. What does his record show that would make anyone think he has been good on foreign policy? He always is criticizing America when he is out of the country. Most recently he referred to us as "lazy." He has battled Afghanistan to a stalemate. He is being booted from Iraq. (Thankfully). He managed to set events in motion in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya to remove any impediments to the establishment of Sharia Law in those countries. He openly disrespects Israel, one of the few real allies we have. Russia is returning to dictatorship. China is taking over as the world powerhouse economy. Plans are being made to replace the dollar with another currency for international trade.

For which of these accomplishments is President Obama to be honored? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG, you're an idiot, no offense. Cain demonstrates absolutely zero understanding of what's going on in Libya and your response is this bullshit? WTF? Did you see the interview he gave? You're comfortable with his level of absolute ignorance of what is going on in that country?

As for the rest, Obama is being booted from Iraq? How long would you have us stay..forever? Stupid fucking shithole we never should have gotten involved in from the beginning but for the idiot republican bonehead Bush. We've been shitting billions of dollars and, more importantly, thousands of American soldiers lives, down an endless stupid republican pipeline for ten years but we should stay longer?

Afghanistan? Another stupid republican instigated war that we can't "win" but all of your idiotic candidates say we shouldn't get out of? Are you fucking high?

Israel? They exist entirely because of us. Entirely. Yet, they tell us to fuck off whenever they see fit. Bullshit. Netanyhu is a fucking nut, totally pandering to the extremist right-wing Israelis who refuse to recognize that there is at least the chance of a solution to the Palestinian problem.

And we can do what in regard to Russia and China? Have Rick Perry, Herman Cain or Michelle Bachman quack at them? They're laughing at us that those are the people you think should be running the country. You're a moron.
Tim, methinks you are the idiot. I was responding to a post about Obama's accomplishments. Of which there are precious few. I already agreed in an earlier post that Cain is an idiot. Disagreeing with Obama does not mean I support Cain, or any of the Republicans.

Further, I am glad we are getting out of Iraq, but this isn't due to Obama's brilliant foreign policy, it's because the Iraqis are tired of having us there. If Bush hadn't signed the agreement under which we are leaving, my guess is Obama would have us staying there. I opposed the Iraq war from the start, for the reasons you mentioned.

I've been opposed to Afghanistan since the get go, because we won't, and never intended to win it. And we have no definable reason to be there. Obama promised to end the war when he was a candidate. He didn't. He lied.

The Israel question is difficult. I'm not sure where to come down on that one.

What have I ever said that would make anyone think I want Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachman, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich or anyone of those clowns to be President? Had you paid any attention at all, you would know that I hold them in the same contempt as I do President Obama.

My friend, you are a moron. For not knowing what you were talking about.