Local swimming holes

I go to twin falls on Barton creek and love it. Anyone have any local swimming spots they care to share? I would love a skinny dipping spot besides hippie hollow. I know most spots are full of folks now so not likely but worth asking if anyone besides me is into skinny dipping?
Hamilton Pool. Just take 71 and go West, follow the signs

https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/fin.../hamilton-pool

Well I'd like to... but apparently I am on your shit list!
Yea I'd love to go there again, it is beautiful for sure! Ok guy apparently you're on EVERYONE'S shitlist.
I've skinny dipped along remote sections of the Llano River - getting some sun and some swimming near the river crossing at Castell (east of Llano) followed by burgers at the Castell General Store can be great day. There are boulders and sandy portions to sun on.

Barton Springs tolerates toplessness but I don't see it that often these days.

Hippie Hollow is only good on weekdays IMHO but I wouldn't go there alone as a woman.

If you want to try a 'true' nudist resort near Austin, Star Ranch in McDade (near Elgin) has a pool and is a pretty friendly place to get an all-over tan. Call them before you go to let them know you'll be out there. There are a couple other nudist places that are nice but they're a couple of hours from Austin.

Have fun.
I used to go skinny dipping but now i am way too old for that....I leave it to the young hotties...lol
lol...you'll see very few young hotties skinny dipping. Most women at nudist places or hot springs are 'mature' (30's+) and comfortable in their own skin. They're not there to impress.
I'd love to go skinny dipping too, and Texas law says it's OK as long as you're not doing anything lewd. Unfortunately, most of the good swimming holes around here have too many parents bringing their young kids with 'me, and even bare shoulders can offend some of them.
I had a couple of good spots along Bull Creek. The more known one is at the first place 360 crosses the creek when heading south after you've passed Spicewoods Springs. It's on the right side of the road and goes a good bit back. It is literally just to the right of the road, you can see it from the highway. As another reference point, it's across the highway from where the rock climbers are always being rescued.
The other spot is a little further upstream. Start at the park entrance at 360/Spicewood and head downstream about 1/2 mile or so. You nay have to get out of the stream and walk along the bank for a stretch, following and old road. When the roadway crosses the stream, just downstream will be a sinkhole with a waterfall. Really kinda secluded, and if you go downstream another 20 yards or so, there's another hole if that one gets crowded. That whole section is tree-lined and shaded, if you're OK with that.
Nite, I haven't been to either place in about a decade, mostly because the drought has kept the water flow too low. If you check it out, I'd love to here an updated report.
  • txsun
  • 06-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Trail off Scottish woods very secluded, unknown about and many top less ladies
Txsun on bull creek? Barton creek? I'll be there tomorrow... Is that a street name?
Sue, yes, it's a street name: Scottish Woods Trail. It's a left off of 360 instead of a right turn to Westlake High School (assuming you're coming from your incall area). It's the other end of the trail that goes by Twin Falls, so I'd assume that txsun means a hole a bit upstream of there, though I'll admit to never having been there. I've only been to TF once before and found it too crowded and the parking area too risky.
p.s. I spell a lot better than my previous post lets on. Don't know what happened there, thought it was all correct.
Twin Falls at dusk. Smoke a bowl have a great time.
I had my first 3-some there when I was 17.
  • jdm10
  • 07-04-2014, 10:48 AM
anybody heading to any local swimming holes this weekend?
Well I live way north and there is a great park in downtown georgetown that I go to but i doubt you would get away with being topless. Has a nice trail to hike also.
sculpture falls is amazing