Hobby/NSA/MBR in the Mainstream...

Obviously Tiger Woods problems bring our hobby into the spotlight of mainstream America. As I watched his confession/apology yesterday I realized that my involvement in the hobby has given me a much different perspective than when before I started hobbying about 6yrs ago.

Apparently most of the country is shocked and appalled at his behavior? I guess I would have been before I discovered the hobby....But today my thoughts are...Who cares? He's a private citizen, didn't murder or rape anyone, committed a misdemeanor at worse with consenting adults who I'm sure many needed some $ help...and what about his wife the "victim?" Are we to assume she was taking care of his needs/wants?

I also recently saw the George Clooney movie Up In the Air (read on...I won't spoil it)....which I thought was a great movie and found the hobby/nsa/mbr twist surprising for a mainstream movie.

So here's a thread for those of us "in the know" to share our observations regarding hobby/nsa/mbr incidents that find their way into the mainstream culture/news..and how outsiders seem to react to our secret world.

What other recent or memorable occasions can you think of..and what was most notable to you about it?
ooopppss.. my post is for another day.. i think i misread it and responded the wrong way.
Well on the Tiger Woods issue I read that his wife has agreed not to leave him for a 20 million a year settlement and that he will seek help with his addictions. Hummm I don't know about the rest of you, but this sounds like he is still paying for it and may not be getting his moneys worth if she isn't taking care of her man. So she is staying with him for his money? What makes her any different than any of the other women he was with, except that she is legally married to him.
What other recent or memorable occasions can you think of..and what was most notable to you about it? Originally Posted by sultan of swing
Damn. Who was the Louisiana provider (maybe she'd done some business in Arkansas at one time, too), who was a member at ASPD (or at least very well known to ASPD members in AR and LA), and who was outed in the national news media as having played for pay with LA Senator David Vitter?

Mr. Giz, you should remember... IIRC you were the one to announce it at ASPD.

That's the most memorable occasion for me, but only because it's rare that I'm "that close" (i.e., thirdhand exposure) to a national sex scandal.

Cheers,

bcg
I have to comment. I was sitting in a sitting room the other morning. A lady struck up a conversation with me (apparently She felt I needed to be talked to) Starts in on the whole Tiger thing.. Which I find to be wasted air space. Doesnt belong on the news. She was saying how the women he was with should be ashamed for messin with a married man. Followed with So..What do you do for a living? hahaha I simply said I work from home. I slunk out of that office feeling about 1 inch tall. But that didnt last long... Called a friend and told him..We laughed and all is good.

When you do what we do you can be whatever you wanna be, Take Your Pick!
Today I wanna be a ............. ? Bad Bad Girl! ??
  • MrGiz
  • 02-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Damn. Who was the Louisiana provider (maybe she'd done some business in Arkansas at one time, too), who was a member at ASPD (or at least very well known to ASPD members in AR and LA), and who was outed in the national news media as having played for pay with LA Senator David Vitter?

Mr. Giz, you should remember... IIRC you were the one to announce it at ASPD.

That's the most memorable occasion for me, but only because it's rare that I'm "that close" (i.e., thirdhand exposure) to a national sex scandal.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Well.... I was thinking of going there.... but since you brought it up..... yeah..... good ole Wendy Cortez!! She had her time of popularity here in Central Arkansas back in late '05 and lasted for a while before leaving the area. She's always had a bit of gypsy in her.... moving around all the time.

I first met Wendy, over 20 years ago... when she was dancing at one of the suburban strip clubs in the New Orleans area. Needless to say.... it was cool, running into her up here, 20 yrs later.... knowing I could "have sum" anytime I wanted!! Little did I know.... she had already been thru the David Vitter affair down in New Orleans, which I found out about, later. After the David Vitter story, she went on to Hustler magazine fame.... has had two separate spreads. I still hear from her, every now and then.... she is a good ole girl.... lots of fun, BCD!!

To make a good story even better.... I also knew her employer.... Jeanette Maier.... the Infamous Canal St Madam!! She made a lot of important people nervous when she was outed. As far as I know.... she held true to her profession, and never outed anyone! Vitter, somehow, did it to himself!! Very nice lady.... lots of fun was had with her and her girls..... I miss them all. Ahhhhh the Good Ole Days! Fun , Fun , Fun!!

Actually.... these are the Good Ole Days, right now!!

Giz
. . . Mr. Giz, you should remember... IIRC you were the one to announce it at ASPD.

That's the most memorable occasion for me, but only because it's rare that I'm "that close" (i.e., thirdhand exposure) to a national sex scandal. Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Giz is right BCD! Wendy was actually a lot of fun. When that story broke she had gone a long way from working out of a trailer in Cabot to the National News!

Giz, can you confirm? Was it our tax dollars or hobby dollars that paid for the new enhancements, dental work and hair style?
  • MrGiz
  • 02-21-2010, 05:04 PM
.... Giz, can you confirm? Was it our tax dollars or hobby dollars that paid for the new enhancements, dental work and hair style? Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
I've seen her a couple of times since the Vitter story broke.... and the Hustler layouts. The enhanced ta-tas are the same.... not sure about the dental work.... but they were probably Hustler paid. Hair is never a problem... the rest was good photography. I'm pretty sure, the Vitter days were already behind her when she was up here in '05 - '06. She has moved around quite a bit, since leaving Arkansas.... last I heard, she was back down in the New Orleans area. I tried looking her up last month.... no surprise when I couldn't find her where she said she'd be. It appears that her Gypsy Heart is still guiding her!! I have a feeling I'll be hearing from her again, pretty soon.

Arklookn4lovn..... I'll be in touch with more current details....

Giz