free AC advice from a licensed tech

If you have any questions concerning your AC this summer, ask right here.
Before anyone jumps on me I am aware that I posted in the wrong forum
If you have any questions regarding your AC this summer, ask right here.
  • Mokoa
  • 06-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Another thread of the same topic merged with this one.
Thank you
So, what causes a permanent split capacitor motor to ramp up when there is an air restriction?
A PSC motor doesn't ramp up, only ECM motors. Try replacing filters, cleaning the blower wheel, removing any restrictions around the return, or cleaning the evap coil. You might have a bad run capacitor.
When the evaporator drain pipe gets backed up what's the best remedy?
Blowing it out with compressed air not exceeding 120psi
Can a compressor on a heat pump model rust internally if sitting for a long time inactive?
I tried tapping on the relays to start.
It worked the last time it was on.
I think you have a lockedrotor. Try a start assist aka as a hard start kit. But first check the outdoor breaker is not tripped and that you have 24 volt power to the contractor.
A PSC motor doesn't ramp up, only ECM motors. Try replacing filters, cleaning the blower wheel, removing any restrictions around the return, or cleaning the evap coil. You might have a bad run capacitor. Originally Posted by YeahyeahSA
Get a Blower housing containing a PSC motor.
Wire it up, high speed if multiple speed setting.
Start it.
Restrict the air flow, return or supply.
Write what you observe and why it does what you see.
Can a compressor on a heat pump model rust internally if sitting for a long time inactive?
I tried tapping on the relays to start.
It worked the last time it was on. Originally Posted by rockerrick
Did you seal it hermetically before storage?
Sorry I don't understand the question your asking, about the psc motor. Restricting airflow with cause static pressure issues.
I think he is referring to the fact that the blower will seemingly speed up due to the fact that it has no air to move. Freewheeling, if you will.