Knut is dead

I just had to post that....snief...not that i am a sentimental person and think one polarbear deserves more recognition than others, but i have seen Knut live a few times and he was lovely. He was a real entertainer, seems because he was raised by humans he enjoyed to entertain them when they were watching him.
It has saddened me that he died.
He had an epileptic seizure due to a disease in his brain and fell over and drowned . People called for help immidiately but it was too late. Snief..... REst in Peace , dear Knut....

Did anyone of you guys hear about him? Was he also famous in the USA? In Europe there was quite a hype about him. A few years ago in 2008 his "human father" died of a heart attack very sudden also. What a sad coincidence :-((

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...erlin-Zoo.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knut_(polar_bear)
Awww what a beautiful bear
Who was Knut?
Who was Knut? Originally Posted by discreetgent
A polar bear. Would you and PJ care to join me while I remember Isabella.
Weren't they all going to die because of global warming anyway? (DG channeling his inner RK and PJ)
Knut's last words were "Win one for the Gippe."
Knut's last words were "Win one for the Gippe." Originally Posted by gnadfly
You sure that wasn't Gipper?
A polar bear. Would you and PJ care to join me while I remember Isabella. Originally Posted by Ansley
A moment of silence!
Weren't they all going to die because of global warming anyway? (DG channeling his inner RK and PJ) Originally Posted by discreetgent
Very good DG!
A polar bear. Would you and PJ care to join me while I remember Isabella. Originally Posted by Ansley
Isabella is a cool gal; I miss her being around but last I heard she is quite happy.
Isabella is a cool gal; I miss her being around but last I heard she is quite happy. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Very much so

I bet she would know about knut. Will have to ask.
Thanks for posting Nina!

C x
Isabella is a cool gal; I miss her being around but last I heard she is quite happy. Originally Posted by discreetgent
You all mean our french isabella? The lovely lady whose father recently died? I hope she is doing well according to the circumstances....:-(
You all mean our french isabella? The lovely lady whose father recently died? I hope she is doing well according to the circumstances....:-( Originally Posted by ninasastri
No. A different Isabella who was around a couple of years ago.
A moment of silence! Originally Posted by pjorourke
Unfortunately that's what we had when she left. She was gooood.
A polar bear Originally Posted by Ansley
a very special polar bear