Places where prostitution is LEGAL?

Ok, there is one county in Nevada. AND from what I hear, it's legal in Australia. But everything has to be done behind closed doors. For example, they do not want street walkers soliciting (or engaging) their services in public. You cannot advertise in public with billboards or television commercials. You can advertise online, in the phone book or in the newspaper. Basicly, they don't care if you engage in prostitution, as long as it's behind closed doors and their streets remain wholesome. Which I can't blame, no one wants their city turned into a red light district. Any thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?
I think the laws in Canada are very similar to what you describe for Australia.
New Zealand has very liberal prostitution laws.

In the UK prostitution itself in not illegal although many associated activities such as living off the earnings of a prostitute are illegal.

The Netherlands is obviously legal. So is Germany.

Surprisingly, legal in some other countries in Europe, now that I look it up. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostit...in_Switzerland
Go to London...as long as your not walking the street, no one gives a shit!
There are indeed some very liberal countries in this world where nooky is not kept under lock and key like it is most so called developed countries. Forget about Muslim countries because there it is a stoning offense to enjoy sex. (No wonder those religious fanatics are always so angry at the world!)

I really enjoyed my visits to The Netherlands. You could have your pick from stacks of young and pretty girls and many places near your hotel.

Many nights I would bring one of the beauties home with me and it was most enjoyable.

Thailand was a different setting altogether. There you would visit establishments where pretty young local girls would be stacked up with the outer rows lower and the inner rows higher and all of them surrounded by clear glass. They would all be wearing a number and you could pick the one you wanted and take her home with you and all for a very reasonable price. Some nights I would take 2 girls and doubled my fun.

The Netherlands was more expensive, but the girls in general were more beautiful. In Thailand, the girls were a little less pretty, but they were a lot less expensive.

. . . Just thinking about it has starting me planning my next trip to enjoy both of these places!
I think the US needs to get its' head out of its' ass as far as legalising it goes. I remember in Edinburgh (that's in Scotland, for the geographically challenged) when the police let it be known that they were cracking down on street walkers but would not raid any massage parlours. Suddenly the streets emptied of SWs and massage parlours sprung up everywhere. It was kind of bending the rules a bit, but it was common sense politics that benefited everyone.

The US has lots of crackhead SWs who are constantly harassed by the cops. Their customers are also targetted and can easily end up in jail and having their cars confiscated. Organised crime controls so much of the racket and danger is everywhere. Compare to somewhere like Germany or the Netherlands. It is safe, organised and controlled. The girls get regular medical checks and the men are much more relaxed.

Prostitution is the world's oldest profession. It seems like the world's youngest superpower just hasn't caught up with that fact yet.
I think the US needs to get its' head out of its' ass as far as legalising it goes. I remember in Edinburgh (that's in Scotland, for the geographically challenged) when the police let it be known that they were cracking down on street walkers but would not raid any massage parlours. Suddenly the streets emptied of SWs and massage parlours sprung up everywhere. It was kind of bending the rules a bit, but it was common sense politics that benefited everyone.

The US has lots of crackhead SWs who are constantly harassed by the cops. Their customers are also targetted and can easily end up in jail and having their cars confiscated. Organised crime controls so much of the racket and danger is everywhere. Compare to somewhere like Germany or the Netherlands. It is safe, organised and controlled. The girls get regular medical checks and the men are much more relaxed.

Prostitution is the world's oldest profession. It seems like the world's youngest superpower just hasn't caught up with that fact yet. Originally Posted by justabloke
Love it!...Very much agreed...
Yes, prostitution is legal in Canada.

There can be no communication (money or services) in public and an outcall is legal, not incall. As long as you make your arrangements by email, text or PM's on a forum, it is pretty hard to get busted in Canada. Technically, incalls are not legal, keeping/being found in a common bawdy house, but incalls are used a great deal across Canada. Massage Parlours can also possibly be tagged as a common bawdy house but charges are rarely laid.

I think the laws in Canada are very similar to what you describe for Australia. Originally Posted by Omahan

I think Mexico and most of Central America have legalized prostitution as well.
Yes, prostitution is legal in Canada.

There can be no communication (money or services) in public and an outcall is legal, not incall. As long as you make your arrangements by email, text or PM's on a forum, it is pretty hard to get busted in Canada. Technically, incalls are not legal, keeping/being found in a common bawdy house, but incalls are used a great deal across Canada. Massage Parlours can also possibly be tagged as a common bawdy house but charges are rarely laid.
Originally Posted by the.namssa
This is spot on.
Actually, it's easier to ask where it isn't legal; it's either legalized or decriminalized in every country except for a number of totalitarian states and countries recently emerged from totalitarianism, Muslim countries, third-world cesspools and postage-stamps like Monaco. Them, and the U.S.

The countries in red on this map (http://chartsbin.com/view/snb) are the ones in which it's illegal; take a good, hard look at the great company our leaders keep.
Canada? England? Mexico? I never knew that. You learn something new every day!
Isis, just for the record, in Nevada the only place it IS legal is at Licensed Brothels, ALL of which are located outside the major metropolitan areas in the state. Under Nevada state law, any county with a population under 400,000, as of the last decennial census, is allowed to license brothels if it so chooses. Incorporated towns and cities in counties that allow prostitution may regulate the trade further or prohibit it altogether.
I think Rhode Island or some other New England state has essentially decriminalized prostitution as long as it is not of the SW variety.
Almost every european country, Canada, austrailia, New Zeland,Much of the Pacific Rim, Carribian South America and on and on . . .all alow prostitution in some form.

Am I wrong on any of these?
Nevada baby!