Banning Requirements

What are the requirements for someone to be banned from ECCIE? Is there a set time frame for certain ban's or is it up to the MODS to decide the length of the ban?

The reason for asking is Why Did London Rayne Get A 90 Day Ban From ECCIE For Supposedly Hijacking A Thread When The Other People On That Same Thread Didn't Get The Same Treatment? Seems to me a little harsh for a minor violation that almost everyone has done at one time or another. Makes you wonder about how the rules are really applied to each person on here.
I concur with Shorty. While London may be a bad girl , I think banning should be an absolute last resort only to be used for the most blatant/dangerous actions. I'm not a fan of over moderation. Instead of banning someone, simply close the thread and move on.
No one said life was fair. As someone pointed out, the owners/mods have total discretion on how they run this board. And if you don't like the way they run it, go somewhere else.

On one level I understand the London VIGIL thread. But I really DISAGREE with it and will not participate in keeping it going. That's almost insubordination, IMHO.

There are some things about London that are attractive, and some that are ugly...just like all of us. IMHO, London let the ugly part of her get out of control.

Edit: Do we know for sure it is 90 days, or another week like the last one?
Charles. . . Ban is until June 23rd!!
What are the requirements for someone to be banned from ECCIE? Is there a set time frame for certain ban's or is it up to the MODS to decide the length of the ban?

The reason for asking is Why Did London Rayne Get A 90 Day Ban From ECCIE For Supposedly Hijacking A Thread When The Other People On That Same Thread Didn't Get The Same Treatment? Seems to me a little harsh for a minor violation that almost everyone has done at one time or another. Makes you wonder about how the rules are really applied to each person on here. Originally Posted by shorty
For hijacking a thread??? Really...let he/she who has not hijacked a thread cast the first ban!! Really??? If someone participates in a hijacked thread, does that mean they are also responsible?? How exactly does one determine that a particular person actually hijacked a thread anyway??

Really?? A ban for hijacking a thread.....Really?!?!
From vbulletin's website:
The User Infraction system is designed to automate the management of misbehaving users.

Infractions carry a point total that is awarded to users. When a user reaches pre-determined point levels, the user is given infraction groups. Infraction groups are set up to restrict the permissions of users.

The system can also be configured to institute automatic bans based on points or number of infractions received.
We do not discuss infractions, disciplinary actions or bans with other users.

I will say that ECCIE does have an infraction/point system in place as described in the quote above. When a user reaches a predetermined (by the owners) # of points the software issues a ban.

Contrary to what some surprisingly think we do not ban users on a whim. Careful consideration is given and opinions are seeked out before disciplinary actions are taken, especially before a ban is issued.

There is a lot more to the story here than a thread hijack as some have suggested.
It is not a single offense that will get you banned (unless it's REALLY bad), it is the cumulative effects of several infractions that usually result in a ban. Then after multiple bannings, the punishment can become worse. The points issued last for a year, so if you are close to the limit, you need to be more polite than normal.

It seems to be like the "three strikes" felon laws, where a career criminal gets life for a small crime.
Yes Charles, Life isn't fair. That was my point exactly. People have been getting away with alot more than London does. This was a petty offense with a somewhat major ban. If the Mods or Powers To Be do not want a particular person on the forum, then just come out and tell that person they are not welcomed here!!
I will say that ECCIE does have an infraction/point system in place as described in the quote above. When a user reaches a predetermined (by the owners) # of points the software issues a ban. Originally Posted by johnnybax
How do we know if we have "points"?? Is there some sort of a schedule of "points" that shows how many "points" wins you a certain number of days vacation??
How do we know if we have "points"?? Is there some sort of a schedule of "points" that shows how many "points" wins you a certain number of days vacation?? Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
I believe you are notified when you get these points.
This is come crazy shit!!!
Why Did London Rayne Get A 90 Day Ban From ECCIE For Supposedly Hijacking A Thread When The Other People On That Same Thread Didn't Get The Same Treatment? Originally Posted by shorty
I agree with you. I will make no further comment on this issue though. I'm sure they're trying to get rid of me next.
Charles. . . Ban is until June 23rd!! Originally Posted by shorty
...what am I going to do without my London .
Naomi. . Guess you can do me!!
How do we know if we have "points"?? Is there some sort of a schedule of "points" that shows how many "points" wins you a certain number of days vacation?? Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
Click your screen name above your avatar. There is an "Infractions" tab that will tell you your points, what they were for, and when they expire. The voice of experience speaks.

Edit: Tiff is right. You are notified, also.