10:1 <- This Can't Be Right! Really?

I was looking at the group stats on the home page and noticed that there is a 10:1 Registered Gents to Provider ratio.

Is that right?

If it is...and I hate to say this...we need a lot more providers in the ECCIE family. From economist standpoint...it's safer for hobbyists and providers to have more providers...and it would bring supply up to meet deMANd.

So can we start a national campaign to recruit more Providers?
I need at least 10 gents to keep me in my good hair products, nice nails, and good clothes...why change that?? lol where's my 10 gents at?? Momma needs some new panties!
not sure what the ratio was on ASPD, but I would agree with Tiff, seems fair to me. But I would never stop elpo from becoming a recruiter...
The proportions sound about right to me.

Here's the thing~ the Providers are seeing more Hobbyists than the Hobbyists are seeing Providers.

A lady who sees one gentleman a week would be considered low-volume. A gentleman who sees one lady each week would be considered high-volume.

There are some male members who have NEVER seen a provider. Every so often on ASPD I would see a thread from someone who had been registered over a year saying "I still haven't gotten up my courage to take the plunge". A lady who felt that way wouldn't even have provider status yet.

A lady who sees one gentleman a week would be considered low-volume. A gentleman who sees one lady each week would be considered high-volume.
Originally Posted by HoneyRose

Wow, check me out, I'm LOW-VOLUME!

Does that mean I get to charge more??
  • npita
  • 01-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Does that mean I get to charge more?? Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums

As a matter of fact, it sure could let you charge more. When I found a provider who saw less than 3 clients/week and assured me I'd be her only appointment the day I booked, I'd schedule with her and guarantee her 2, 3 or more hours per visit, usually once every 2 to 3 weeks. I've paid as much as 8$ for 2 hours and I assure you, there is a market for that. You just need to utilize that to your advantahe when advertising to attract the right clientele.
The proportions sound about right to me.

Here's the thing~ the Providers are seeing more Hobbyists than the Hobbyists are seeing Providers.

There are some male members who have NEVER seen a provider. Every so often on ASPD I would see a thread from someone who had been registered over a year saying "I still haven't gotten up my courage to take the plunge". A lady who felt that way wouldn't even have provider status yet.
Originally Posted by HoneyRose
I agree I only hobby twice a month and when you take into account the lurkers and non-hobbying guys on the site I would think the 10:1 ratio isn't out of whack.

With that said, I am all for attracting more providers. The more eye candy the better!!!

Does that mean I get to charge more?? Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
Husbands don't count.
But if there are about 10,000 members, that means that there are 1,000 provider members? That sounds high to me.
And what was it that made you think that "Registered" means that member is a male?

Registered can be anyone from a male member who hasn't got Premium Access yet to a female member who hasn't been Verified yet. There's plenty of both in that category.

St. C
though it would not make a significant difference in the ratio, do not forget about agencies, one "provider" registered, (or agency could be registered under a male) could mean 6 or more providers working under that name.
I have canceled when I met the previous client coming out the door.
That is too busy for me.
It is a matter of quality and discretion.
No one can provide consistent high quality (IMHO) with that many clients. I have had providers tell me it taxes (my word) their limits physically and emotionally. They will burn out, and I do not want to experience another burned out lady. Been there. Done that. Will avoid it at all costs.
That is too busy for me.

No one can provide consistent high quality (IMHO) with that many clients. Originally Posted by randyrogue
Are you saying that 10 hobbyists per lady is too high a ratio? You might be assuming that the average hobbyist plays once a week. In my experience that is WAY too high an estimate.

On average, my regular clients see me once every three months. Some see me once a month; some twice a year. (Many are from out of town and come to Dallas irregularly, but registered on sites to do their initial research).

So if I had 10 regular clients I would have 3 dates per month. They could stay a WEEK and not run into anyone else coming or going
I have canceled when I met the previous client coming out the door.
That is too busy for me.
It is a matter of quality and discretion.
No one can provide consistent high quality (IMHO) with that many clients. I have had providers tell me it taxes (my word) their limits physically and emotionally. They will burn out, and I do not want to experience another burned out lady. Been there. Done that. Will avoid it at all costs. Originally Posted by randyrogue
I agree and believe if a provider is going to be able to "maintain" in this biz....she should have presence of mind to schedule clients far enough apart that they are not running into each other at the door at the very least. Good Grief! Sorry you experienced that. We all need time to regroup after playing in such a vigorous manner.

I have never been high volume, by choice, but there are weeks when it seems the phone rings off the hook and then there are weeks when I keep having to check to see if it's still working. LOL The hobby can be a fickle B****. I would imagine that many providers experience this and feel they have to take as many appointments as they can when they can. It's not like we have a guarantee that a gentleman will schedule every time we are available and need to work. Those with a good biz sense and are able to handle it will keep a few dollars in their pocket in order to get through the "slower" times, rather than becoming high volume ladies who experience burn out and have to leave.
On average, my regular clients see me once every three months. Some see me once a month; some twice a year. Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Twice a year is a regular? Gee with that factor I am a regular of alott of providers. I guess I would call a so called "regular" is a client that visits 3 to 4 times a month.