What's with the pop-up window all of a sudden?

What is with the popup window when viewing a poster's post when they are (deservedly so) on your ignore list?
Seems we are also getting that pop-up advertisement thing again too.

But my other, more pressing question - does this mean the search thing is fixed?
Because the people behind the pop-up paid the site big bucks to place their annoying pop-ups. Easily fixed. Just un - select "Allow pop-up windows" in your browser control panel.
What is with the popup window when viewing a poster's post when they are (deservedly so) on your ignore list? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
I could have explained this better. Normally, if you want to view a blocked member, there is a tag, upper-right, to view the post. In the past and now the present, it just expands their content in the thread. What was happening (why I posted) was instead, it opened it in a new ekky screen, overlaying (obscuring), the thread. You would hit the back arrow in the browser to go back to the thread, where the ignored poster message was still hiddden.

BTW: it no longer happens.
Seems we are also getting that pop-up advertisement thing again too. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Again, no longer happening, but it was more a new tab or replace current tab thing, than a separate pop-up. And yes A1, I got more blockers and other controls on my browsers than Carter's got liver pills. That's kinda olde school. I got more controls than Biden got votes. Yeah, that's the ticket..
But my other, more pressing question - does this mean the search thing is fixed? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Alas, still broken. I do hope they will let us know when it's fixed. However, I did have one post, actually a reply in a previous thread (pre-May 22) show up in a search after May 22 - one time only so far.
I observed this detail a few weeks ago and I don't really understand it.
Pop ups went away for a long time, but sadly returned recently.
Gotta pay the bills. Hopefully we can get the search functions working again.