Fiber Space

Experience Internet 100 times faster at the Fiber Space
Curious about Google Fiber? Come visit us at the Fiber Space.
http://fiber.google.com/cities/#fibe...ng=%252Fkansas Try out Internet at gigabit speeds and watch crystal-clear high-definition TV. See how Google Fiber will impact education, health and wellness, entertainment, gaming, and sports. Then, get any questions you have answered by one of our Fiber Team members while you have a complimentary refreshment at our Recharge Cafe.

Hours and Location
The Fiber Space opens to the public starting this Saturday, July 28th starting at 10:00 a.m. The center will be open seven days a week. We are open Sundays through Fridays from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Our address is 1814 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri.
Reservations
While not mandatory, we strongly encourage visitors to make an appointment to visit. Reservations can be made by visiting the Fiber Space webpage http://fiber.google.com/cities/#fibe...52Fkansas%253F

and selecting the day you want to come on the calendar. Please note that parking at the Fiber Space is limited.
We hope to see you soon.
The Google Fiber Team

They are taunting us folks who live on the edge of the known world: it will never be available here.

On the other hand, we have a nice view of the stars and the only noises at night are the bugs and animals.
They are taunting us folks who live on the edge of the known world: it will never be available here.

On the other hand, we have a nice view of the stars and the only noises at night are the bugs and animals. Originally Posted by CaptainOveur
If the "PRICE IS RIGHT", just about anything can be obtained. And the price is pretty huge.
Any price is worth telling Time Warner to go fuck themselves.
Any price is worth telling Time Warner to go fuck themselves. Originally Posted by Lovely_Lilianna
That is the truth, Time Warner is a sorry Mother F****r. for sure.
well it will be faster than old-tyme that is for sure~ ~ ~ And they do plan to offer services that will match those at TW, but it is fibre optic lines. They are expensive and difficult to install and maintain. Lots of infrastructure needed. It will be faster on every front but cost 2 to 3 times more in some cases. And the time frame depends on how many sign up!
From what I saw advertised it isn't all that much out of line. $120 for Data and TV. Record 8 channels at once and 500GB of storage or something like that. I'd be in in a second, but it's not coming to Overland park. Time to move to Crimedotte. lol
...... Time to move to Crimedotte. lol Originally Posted by royamcr
Well, at least your burgler alarm will work faster.
Every HOA in a 5-mile radius of Downtown is popping a proverbial bOner right about now.

Gigabit to my dekstop: Alls the Internets pr0ns is mines.
From what I saw advertised it isn't all that much out of line. $120 for Data and TV. Record 8 channels at once and 500GB of storage or something like that. I'd be in in a second, but it's not coming to Overland park. Time to move to Crimedotte. lol Originally Posted by royamcr
Hey been in the Dottee most of my life - never been robbed by a crook! BPU and KS Gas and KS DOR get me every year but no gangsta ever put a knife or bang bang on me and said gimme! But it was funny R!

Every HOA in a 5-mile radius of Downtown is popping a proverbial bOner right about now.

Gigabit to my dekstop: Alls the Internets pr0ns is mines. Originally Posted by BottomFeederKC
Yes, "movies" will be a lot faster!
The "free option" has you paying $300 for install OR $25/mo for 12 mo to get broadband internet... after that it is free for the next 6 years. That means you get the same speeds you get with TWC/Comcast for what would amount to $3.57/mo...

um... that's cray!!
The "free option" has you paying $300 for install OR $25/mo for 12 mo to get broadband internet... after that it is free for the next 6 years. That means you get the same speeds you get with TWC/Comcast for what would amount to $3.57/mo...

um... that's cray!! Originally Posted by AllThisMeat
AT & T did a "fakie" Uverse for the same as DSL to stay "competitve"!
Rememer is is GOOGLE so just having it is worth a million cents anyway!
  • ampad
  • 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
It will be interesting to see how Kansas City works as a test market for this product. Just checked the site and the Missouri side is doing much better than the Kansas side for preregistration.

The internet options are amazing ($300 for 6-7 years of interwebs?!?). The TV side needs a lot of work though. Browse through the TV selection and you'll see lots of missing channels.
Im with Lovely_Lilianna, I can handle missing a few channels just for the chance to tell Time warner to take a FLYING F_CK.
Im with Lovely_Lilianna, I can handle missing a few channels just for the chance to tell Time warner to take a FLYING F_CK. Originally Posted by CoinMan
I had a lady tell me that today and 3 or so on here. Had TW when it first started in the 'dottee and someone I know has UVerse. I would do UVerse first but it is not available in my neighborhood. But I think Google is going to get the best side IF THEY ACTUALLY pull the cable. Only time will tell.

So more Olympics anyone? That is on free TV. 15 channels on free TV! But not NASCAR