This year's exemplary food cities

According to the experts at Zagat, these are The 26 Hottest Food Cities of 2016. During my travels, I've had to opportunity to visit and dine in a dozen of these U.S. cities. Hopefully I can make it through the remainder of the list before 2017 is over! How did your city fare?

When I consider what cities to tour, I do my best to use levelheaded reasoning. But I must admit, inspiring art and culture and scrumptious food does influence my decision making process. If you consider yourself to be a foodie, how far have you traveled solely or predominantly based on partaking in highly sought after dining experiences? Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
This is awesome! Thanks!
Not surprised to see austin pop up but I was disappointed nothing from Portland made the list...
As for traveling for good food, I'll have to work on that for 2017!

Xoxo
Liz
  • Zena
  • 01-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Great post. Great Thread , Now- I'm Hungry- AND Horny ...and wanna travel just a little north.
Surprised a bit that Memphis didn't make the list.
I see what you mean about French Laundry, The Consult. It is always so inspiring seeing those who relate to food as art. Thomas Keller is undeniably masterful. I do hope to have the opportunity to indulge firsthand in the future.

These dishes are so gorgeous and intricate, I almost wouldn't eat them!

Food is what I like the most. Just behind money, whiskey, wine, beer, and women! I am a hardcore foodie and travel often based on wanting to try out restaurants. Small confession, I travel to Cali quarterly for work, but really it's for my quarterly visit to French Laundry.... I have a problem. But you asked how far have I gone? I traveled to Spain to visit elBulli when it was open. An incredible experience and totally made the trip worth while. The food of elBulli and the rest of Spain over those two weeks still resonate deeply with me. I'm going to Vietnam in the fall on a foodie adventure as well! Originally Posted by TheConsult01
I'd love to compare notes with you babes!

D.C. in the house!
And hats off to #8 Philly a mere 2hr+ Amtrak ride away.
I'll be visiting the #2 listing Los Angeles for the first time in just 9 more days and the foodie in me is sooooo excited! Originally Posted by MOCHAakaMOCHA
Is it terrible that I would like to schedule a tour based on this list lol... I mean great food and bedroom cardio to work it off yumm. Just about everything in New Orleans makes drool just thinking about dining there.. And I had the best ever crab cake I've ever had in Maryland(and have been on the hunt, for great ones in Houston ever since lol). Thanks for the list, I will certainly be using this Originally Posted by Nikki D'Naughty
Absolutely breathtaking Madame X! I have a feeling that the experience of sharing a simple and classic treat like chocolate syrup and fresh strawberries with you would be more momentous and enjoyable than going to any Zagat-listed restaurant.

I'm not sure if I'd consider myself a foodie - I eat food just like any other human does, and since I've got to do it, I might as well make it amazing

I've been known to travel 100 miles or so in any direction when I get a craving for something specific... and have occasion even hop on a plane. While I have flown to Chicago specifically for Tru (is it still open?), most of those kinds of trips have been off to Europe.

As a New Englander, the food here is very, very good, so I'm spoiled. NYC is also a favorite destination of mine, though I can't say I've eaten at any of the establishments that Zagat recommended. Philly is quickly earning a soft spot with me as well!

I can't say it's the *sole* motivator on my part... but every time I travel to DC I always make sure to set aside a Sunday for Rose's Luxury

~Mme X~

Originally Posted by Madame X
The ambiance, views, and dishes at at Qasr al Sarab Desert Resort all look DIVINE.

According to the experts at Zagat, these are The 26 Hottest Food Cities of 2016. During my travels, I've had to opportunity to visit and dine in a dozen of these U.S. cities. Hopefully I can make it through the remainder of the list before 2017 is over! How did your city fare?

When I consider what cities to tour, I do my best to use levelheaded reasoning. But I must admit, inspiring art and culture and scrumptious food does influence my decision making process. If you consider yourself to be a foodie, how far have you traveled solely or predominantly based on partaking in highly sought after dining experiences? Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
Thanks sharing business traveling experiences.Traveling professionals get to see different cities and states and different foods.You trying to make living like rest of professionals.
I see what you mean about French Laundry, The Consult. It is always so inspiring seeing those who relate to food as art. Thomas Keller is undeniably masterful. I do hope to have the opportunity to indulge firsthand in the future.

These dishes are so gorgeous and intricate, I almost wouldn't eat them! Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
Love the pics!!!

I was in search of small portioned, artistic, french dining when I came across eculent.com It's a different kind of dining than I was looking for but very artistic dishes. 5$ later left hungry and ate at a local eatery in kemah. It was a good experience, YOLO.