The Biological Justification for the Female Orgasm

In the “Real World” I am a Hypnotherapist and I have a theory. I’d like input from the ladies as to its viability. I don’t feel that my “Vanilla” clients would be comfortable discussing it and I felt that the ladies in this forum would possibly have some insight and would be comfortable with the subject matter. (Particularly since we have anonymity and can discuss it freely.)

As far as Mother Nature is concerned procreation is the sole purpose of sexual activity. The fact that it is pleasurable is just nature’s way of incentivizing. But why orgasms? It’s pretty obvious what the biological justification is for the male orgasm, ejaculation for procreation, but why does a woman orgasm when it’s not really a necessary part of impregnation?

It has been documented that some women experience orgasm during childbirth. My theory is that one of the reasons evolution gave us the female orgasm is as an aid in the birthing process, particularly the phenomenon of the squirting orgasm. (And if that’s not the reason it could be used for that purpose.) I know this sound strange but follow my logic. Through the practice of BDSM we know that strong sexual arousal releases large amounts of endorphins and greatly raises the pain threshold. Also sexualization of painful stimuli can actually train the brain to confuse painful and pleasurable sensation. I believe if a woman was able to sexualize the physical sensations of childbirth, (through training and or hypnotic conditioning) it could reduce and relive the pain of the process.

Squirting orgasms are usually caused by extreme stimulation and I can’t think of a more extreme stimulation then when a baby’s head and shoulders are trying to squeeze out of the birth canal. If a woman were to have a squirting orgasm at that moment it would greatly facilitate the passage of the baby. I postulate that that may be the evolutionary reason for the existence of the phenomenon.

Being a man I need insight from women who have been through it and/or planning on it. I would like input on both the viability of the theory and the level of acceptance there would be if I were develop a program to help women take advantage of the phenomenon. We can discuss it here or in PM (because the guys probably won’t give a shit)
I've seen documentaries on Discovery and others that demonstrate during the female orgasm the sperm in the vagina is being delivered to the fallopian tubes/ovaries via the muscle spams and contractions and thus would aid in procreation.
Ya, I've seen that as well but I don't feel that the orgasms effect on fertilization is enough to explain it. If that was the case female orgasms would have develop into a "mandatory" function.
Very interesting theory. And this would help explain the immediate post birth euphoria that most women experience.

Interesting statement on the squirting orgasm as well. In my experience, the ladies that truly squirt (more of a gush) have a tremendous all body contraction that includes the pelvic area. If I am not rock hard and deep, I get pushed out of her vagina. That would certainly help in the birthing process.
Very interesting theory. And this would help explain the immediate post birth euphoria that most women experience.

Interesting statement on the squirting orgasm as well. In my experience, the ladies that truly squirt (more of a gush) have a tremendous all body contraction that includes the pelvic area. If I am not rock hard and deep, I get pushed out of her vagina. That would certainly help in the birthing process. Originally Posted by Woodford
My thought exactly. What I'm interested in finding out is if that can be built on, maybe allowing more women relief (and release) during childbirth.
Check out Mark Cunningham's Renegade Hypnotist Project. (Not free.)

Pleasure is an INCREDIBLY powerful motivating force.
Very interesting topic. As A milf to the 5th power I want to chime in and say, Had I known how to relax my body and focus on the task at hand(childbrth) I do believe that the birthing process would have been a very easy accomplishment. I had not squirted until I was 38 yrs old (yes I said 38) I had NO IDEA what it even was, I just know the way I felt was in no way I had ever felt before and ran to my mommy to ask her WTH just happened to me! Since then If the guy is knowledgeable enough and I am relaxed enough I can do it-again and again and again(ok sorry getting off topic)
I suppose what I am trying to say it that IF a woman could focus in the same way- yes childbirth would be easier- However,and for me atleast- I feel it would be nearly impossible to train the female brain to accept a "sexual" feeling such as intense as squirting in order to give birth, I don't know the the brain can be tricked- Giving birth in indescribable in a way that only a mother can attest to and to try to put our body and mind into a sexual mode (the one in which we are in during intercourse )while birthing..I dont know that its possible. The idea is grand- Because when I think sbout it..yes I can certainly see how it would make complete sense to be able to do so to ease childbirth.
What an interesting thread!
I don't think (think being the operative word) that sexualizing childbirth will be as difficult as it may seem. First of all the mind is extremely powerful and amazingly flexible, the minds perception of a sensation and the bodies physical reaction to it can often be manipulated and altered through hypnosis. I seen (and done) a lot of crazy things in my 30 plus years (on and off) in the profession. If a person is convinced that an ice cube is actually a hot coal, they will feel it burn. If they are deep enough in trance the body will even react as if it were burned by raising a blister. Second childbirth is quintessentially sexual, it is the reason sex exists. I believe the mind could be made to accept that.
To me, female orgasm makes sense because men and women are more the same, physiologically and psychologically, than we are different. We have been programmed sociologically to think we are so different, but my experience is we're not. We all, at one time, early in our physical development, were exactly physically the same. I don't need to elaborate on the technical aspects of fetal development, as I'm sure you already know more than I do about it. But to me it makes sense that a similar anatomical developmental history would result in similar function and experience. Different, but similar.
To me, female orgasm makes sense because men and women are more the same, physiologically and psychologically, than we are different. We have been programmed sociologically to think we are so different, but my experience is we're not. We all, at one time, early in our physical development, were exactly physically the same. I don't need to elaborate on the technical aspects of fetal development, as I'm sure you already know more than I do about it. But to me it makes sense that a similar anatomical developmental history would result in similar function and experience. Different, but similar. Originally Posted by Wanderingcargo
I concur the genders are more alike than not but the majority of the differences involve the reproductive system.

Maybe the ultimate question I have is; even if the answer is that there is no connection CAN there be one? Can this be developed and used? The biggest barrier I see is the difficulty in verbalizing a fundamentally physical experience (Childbirth) because if hypnosis is to be used for this it will primarily be a verbal process. At the very least it should be an interesting bit of research.
I look forward to talking (or typing) it over with women who have been through it. Particularly from women who also have broad erotic experience.

Subjects I want learn more about are:
What are the differences (other than sheer intensity) between the spasms of a very strong orgasm and a birth contraction.
Compare and contrast the sensation of a large object moving into the vagina from the inside (Babies head) and from the outside (Fisting?)
and certainly other comparisons I can't even know of yet (That pesky problem of being a penis owner)
Lol I don't give a damn about dicks or babies. All I care about is getting my O's as often as I want to, regardless of the "reason" why I can.

Some things are just to be expected and accepted without a lot of speculation as to the "whys". Just my 2 centavos.
  • wonk
  • 08-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Interesting topic but I feel your analysis is incomplete if you don't consider that in pre-civilization times, sex was not necessarily consensual.

Examples / corollaries abound in the primate and animal world of what we would call "rape" as a pretty typical impregnation experience.

So perhaps the female orgasm evolved as some sort of response to that fact; and that's why (or at least, related to the reason) that (a) women report having orgasms during actual rapes, and (b) rape fantasies are so common in women.

As to the birth / orgasm idea, sure, seems reasonable, but let's not confuse the "mechanism" (orgasm) with the evolutionary benefit (presumably improved childbirth / post childbirth survival because of less psychic trauma.
Interesting topic but I feel your analysis is incomplete if you don't consider that in pre-civilization times, sex was not necessarily consensual.

Examples / corollaries abound in the primate and animal world of what we would call "rape" as a pretty typical impregnation experience.

So perhaps the female orgasm evolved as some sort of response to that fact; and that's why (or at least, related to the reason) that (a) women report having orgasms during actual rapes, and (b) rape fantasies are so common in women.
Originally Posted by wonk

This has to be one of the most asinine, contrived and misogynist things that I have ever had the misfortune to read. Unbe-fucking-lievable.
Sex being pleasurable is probably a built in biological mechanism for both men and women in order to encourage more sex. If sex didn't feel so good there would probably be a lot less people in the world.