The Final Battle

Excellent column by Chris Hedges, one of the Plaintiffs in the NDAA lawsuit. This is truly the biggest story out there. I know why the MSM isn't covering it, but Fox isn't covering it, either. This is why I have very little respect for Fox News. They are just another branch of the MSM, distorting the news to give the illusion of a debate.

Over the past year I and other plaintiffs including Noam Chomsky and Daniel Ellsberg have pressed a lawsuit in the federal courts to nullify Section 1021(b)(2) of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). This egregious section, which permits the government to use the military to detain U.S. citizens, strip them of due process and hold them indefinitely in military detention centers, could have been easily fixed by Congress. The Senate and House had the opportunity this month to include in the 2013 version of the NDAA an unequivocal statement that all U.S. citizens would be exempt from 1021(b)(2), leaving the section to apply only to foreigners. But restoring due process for citizens was something the Republicans and the Democrats, along with the White House, refused to do. The fate of some of our most basic and important rights—ones enshrined in the Bill of Rights as well as the Fourth and Fifth amendments of the Constitution—will be decided in the next few months in the courts. If the courts fail us, a gulag state will be cemented into place.

For the rest of his analysis, click here:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...tle_20121223//
  • WTF
  • 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM
It will be overturned. Chill. Due process is sometimes slow.
I agree. It can't stand up to constitutional scrutiny. Settle down COG. Just remember the next time Noam Chomsky stands up for something your against bro.
Well, for once I hope you're right, Tim. However, I have no faith in the SCOTUS.
  • WTF
  • 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
I agree. It can't stand up to constitutional scrutiny. Settle down COG. Just remember the next time Noam Chomsky stands up for something your against bro. Originally Posted by timpage
I knew your last sentence would be lost on him!
Standing up for something I'm against is fine. It's called "freedom". If I disagree with someone, my best plan of action is to prove my idea better, not to shut the other side up.

Even on here, I have never told anyone to STFU about an idea. I have told them to STFU because they were being stupid, but never for an idea. And I call some ideas bullshit, and some who hold them morons, but I would never try to silence an opposing idea with anything other than a better idea.

That's freedom. Even when I was a University professor, I told my students that they would not get extra credit for agreeing with me. In fact, I told them that they stood a better chance at an "A" if they took a position opposed to mine, and defended it well. It worked, and it made them think and research.

So I have no problem with people opposing my ideas. If I did, I wouldn't enjoy this place so much. Even with Tim, I've had some agreement with him, so I'm sure we could discuss things civilly, and I've even asked him a serious question in another thread.

Sure, I'll go to namecalling and the like. That's the nature of this board. But I have never wished an opponent dead, as some have wished me, and I've never wanted to silence an idea. Except by having a better idea.
  • WTF
  • 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM
You are delusional if you believe that is how you come off.

What you do do is twist and distort what others have said. Just like you have with my wiki mistake. No problem but don't come on here telling us how you take up for freedom. Lying like a bag of shit is not promoting freedom.
If this is the FINAL battle, will you leave at the end, Whiny? I think we'd all be down for that kinda challenge, you sick fuck
You are delusional if you believe that is how you come off.

What you do do is twist and distort what others have said. Just like you have with my wiki mistake. No problem but don't come on here telling us how you take up for freedom. Lying like a bag of shit is not promoting freedom. Originally Posted by WTF
I told the truth about you, WPF. Caught you at your own lying game. And I haven't lied.
  • WTF
  • 12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
I told the truth about you, WPF. Caught you at your own lying game. And I haven't lied. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
See that is why people wish you dead. You lie and are to stupid to realize it. Then you cry about people wishing you dead. In the old days, you would have been called out to a duel. You're lucky you live in the times you do.
Yeah. People don't like being caught. I understand that. But I don't wish you dead, nor do I want to silence your ideas by force, whether they are yours or Wikis.
COG, I see you are still taking on 3 Odipshits at a time. You the MAN...fuckem
  • WTF
  • 12-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah. People don't like being caught. I understand that. But I don't wish you dead, nor do I want to silence your ideas by force, whether they are yours or Wikis. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You want to silence people with lies. That is how you try and silence people. Who cares if someone wishs you death? There is no harm in that. I don't wish you dead but it does not bother me if others do. It does not bother me if others wish me death. It really does not even bother me that you lie and do not know it. The world is full of people like you.

COG, I see you are still taking on 3 Odipshits at a time. You the MAN...fuckem Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
COG is a year or two away from having to have his diapers changed and I bet he takes out more in Medicare than he put in it!
People keep calling me a liar, and never offer any proof. I wonder why that is?
  • WTF
  • 12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
People keep calling me a liar, and never offer any proof. I wonder why that is? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Because you lie about the proof they offer. What you really are is a delusional liar.