Mobile, Where to stay?

Im thinking of a short road trip, tour the ship, but dont know where to stay. I dont care for the downtown areas, but is spanish fort more convenient to everything? Any suggestions?
spanish fort is on the east side of the bay, more of mobile is on the west side you have several nice hotels around I-65 and Airport Blvd.
Airport or Daphne. make sure you pick a better hotel on Airport.
exit 15 off I-10 tillmans corner,several new hotels,convenient
Are they close to fun stuff? Safe? I havent really stopped in Mobile before, just driven thru and honked my horn in the tunnel as I wave. just wanting to relax and break away but Im not able to drive too far since Im still in pain at times. I just wanna try out my new ride too.
there is more to do on I65 and airport blvd area,also known as the beltline,but still kind of boring,make sure you book ahead,because alot of motels are booked with oil cleanup crews
mobile is a great place to tour....just check references and you will do well

airport blvd is great area to stay.....and don't forget the best place to eat is BUTCH CASSIDY's!!!

have fun!!!
Ugg clean up crews!! Im going for a break, so does it smell like oil there? This isnt a working trip, Im not ready for that just yet. Dallas if you ever get farther east to Fl you will have to come see me, Im movng in July that way. Back to my serenity!
This is probably a marginal threadjack, but it's close enough to the original post that I hope y'all will let it slide...

I'm vaguely planning to visit Pensacola in the indefinite future (specifically, I'm planning to visit the Naval Aviation museum there). Would it be significantly cheaper to stay in Pensacola proper, or to stay in Mobile and drive to P'cola for my museum visit?

(When I'm in the area I'm also thinking of booking with a Mobile area provider I've had on my radar for a while, so there might be additional advantages to staying in Mobile, especially if I want an outcall session.)

Cheers,

bcg
Theres hotels not too far from the gates on Navy Blvd. Im more familiar with that area than Mobile. Your special lady may be willing to travel. If you stay downtown pcola theres a few great places to eat drink and dance the night away as well. Its not that far from Mobile either, straight shot on 10 so even if you had to drive to her. Ive just never stayed in Mobile, only passed through. But ask me about the panhandle of florida and I can tell ya all the good spots. Im thinkn of just heading over there instead.
pensacola has the nice water and beaches,and more to do than mobile i live on the island ,but we always go to the panhandle for fun,just watch the progress of the oil spill because if they dont get it slowed down soon,mobile and the panhandle will book up all the rooms
Lowgear how close is it? On the news they only show the venice area and grande isle. How far east has it gone?
actually its still offshore,probably wont know until monday when or if it hits alabama,the only beach in mobile is the island and it is full of cleanup crews,i would head to the panhandle
  • mob
  • 05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Come on to Mobile. No oil here or smell so far.
That remains to the west of us.
exit 15 off I-10 tillmans corner,several new hotels,convenient Originally Posted by lowgear
Really bad reputation in that area.