Downtown or the Galleria

Houston clients, between Downtown Houston and The Galleria, which is your preferred neighborhood to visit companions? If Downtown is not ideal for you, do you still consider it depending on the circumstances or not at all? Essentially, I'm trying to figure out if entertaining in a Downtown hotel is as much of a no-no as I've seen some describe.

I've toured Houston a few times and always hosted in the Galleria but this time around, I'm curious about checking out the ambiance Downtown. Plus I'll be attending Day for Night and I'd love to stay within walking distance to the venue.
Thanks so much for asking this question! Trying to decide currently myself!
Tied between DT, Galleria, or Energy Corr.
How big of a pain would it be to switch hotels every 2/3 days?
Can you add choices as both of those areas suck in a bad way regarding traffic and parking.
Neither! Another thread on this topic.

Sam
I'm not a Houstonian so I have to go based on the information I've gathered over the years and the Galleria had always been presented as a top choice. (Upon further reflection, it was providers who did not live in Houston that partially formed my impression that the Galleria was as a prime spot to stay while on tour.)

Thanks for the clarification.

Can you add choices as both of those areas suck in a bad way regarding traffic and parking.

Right now, I'm just deciding between these two locales. I can consider more options another time around and this feedback is helpful.

Neither! Another thread on this topic.

Sam
My pleasure!

Initially I had one night booked in one place and two nights booked at the other. But I'm no longer up for making the switch as I feel it would take away from some of the time I'd like to set aside for exploring.

Thanks so much for asking this question! Trying to decide currently myself!
Tied between DT, Galleria, or Energy Corr.
How big of a pain would it be to switch hotels every 2/3 days? Originally Posted by tiatate
Galleria over Downtown as long as location offers free parking.
I'd avoid downtown. It really only works good if you are familiar with the area. Also, there are no hotels that are really walking distance from where day and night will be held. I think the closest is the Lancaster and that is a little less then a mile, however, it was flooded during Harvey and is currently closed.

I'd also avoid the Galleria area. There is just too much traffic and I find it to be very overrated for working.

The Energy Corridor is always a solid choice. You can't go wrong at the Omni, Marriott, Westin or Embassy suites. Very little traffic, yet thousands of workers.
  • pxmcc
  • 12-12-2017, 04:41 AM
c. none of the above.

i'd avoid either place actually. better options are w. houston, med center, bellaire, etc.

downtown has parking n traffic issues
galleria has TRAFFIC issues
c. none of the above.

i'd avoid either place actually. better options are w. houston, med center, bellaire, etc.

galleria has TRAFFIC issues Originally Posted by pxmcc
Especially this time of year
Pardon me LD but have you considered the Westchase area?
^^^ excellent idea!

c. none of the above.

galleria has TRAFFIC issues Originally Posted by pxmcc
Very true.

Wish ladies would put location in ad header or at least in first paragraph. Annoying to have to PM, need to make it easy.

Sam
I myself, prefer The Galleria area. Actually about anywhere along either Westheimer or Richmond between Loop 610 and beltway-8.

Another area to consider might be the Medical Center.
So I went with the Galleria and 76% of those who voted agree.
Galleria is better than downtown. Downtown is a pain