I wonder how many of you have seen the Mel Brooks play (or movie) The Producers?

A failed (but formerly successful) producer is given an idea by an IRS auditor that is he produces an unsuccessful play that he can make money because there is no expected profit out of the money solicited for the show.
How about the movie "Irresistible" about two politic operatives go head to head in a small, rural election which becomes a grudge match for who can pour in the most resources. (Spoiler alert) Turns out the town folk set up the big shots in order to get money to help the school and library. The DNC and RNC, unawares, provided millions of dollars.

Beto O'Rourke...ever hear of him? He's ran for the senate, for congress, for president, and for governor. He's lost every time. He has collected in over $200 million in campaign donations. Now, a resourceful, dishonest man can easily find a way to divert funds away from a campaign into his own pocket. It is the democrat way of doing business. So, let's say 5-10 % finds its way to hiring Beto's wife, sister, brother, as a campaign worker. They're highly overpaid and Beto himself can draw a check as an advisor to the campaign. 10 to 20 million dollars for a decade of effort. Not bad, right. Just how stupid are democrats that they let people like Bill and Hillary, Nancy, Stacey, and Beto take their money?

Tell me that it is not possible. Then tell me what Beto does for a living.
You do know that Beto lost right? But not as bad as the really fucked up gop. The red wave is waving bye bye
A short explanation of what the thread topic is, please.
A short explanation of what the thread topic is, please. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Best of luck with that because all I read was Democrats suck and Beto sucks. Kind of hard to have a reasonable discussion and stay on topic with that all around the world shit.

These folks who start these threads because they want to rant that have no discernable topic kind of makes it impossible to stay on topic. Can't you geniuses just say that there really is no topic so feel free to post at will?

If the topic is Beto sucks, I agree. If the topic is that Democrats suck, I disagree, and I'd say the same about Republicans because I am neither. I guess I am in the minority in this forum, but the people make the party IMO, and the party does not make the person. I vote for the people. I don't vote for the party.

People throw around the acronym "RINO" all of the time in this forum yet support Trump. What the fuck do you think Trump is or are you folks just too clueless to realize it? Again, I'll never just vote for one party. People should vote for the person IMO.
  • Brot
  • 11-14-2022, 05:34 AM
If the topic is should we clean up campaign finace rules and police them. Agreed.
Oops! Forgot who I was talking to. I'll use smaller words and ideas. Yes, Beto lost. That is the idea. Like in The Producers, they wanted a play that would fail on opening night after they raised a couple of million dollars to produce it. Play closes and they get to keep what is left over. If Beto wins an election, he has to work and he also has to open his finances. If he loses...again, he can cook the books and keep substantial money.
So, in all likelihood, Beto is a grifter like so many democrats and you all fall for it every time. No, don't ask for proof, I don't live in Texas or have access but if I see goose shit around my property and feathers, well, I know that geese have been here. Democrats, on the other hand, are still chasing Rudy Guiliani after he walked away today free of any charges.
  • Tiny
  • 11-14-2022, 10:08 PM
What the fuck do you think Trump is or are you folks just too clueless to realize it? Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
I know! I know!

Trump is the Democrats' Best Friend.

And a Friend of The Donald's is a Friend of the Democrats. That's why they spent $53 million in the Republican primaries helping Donald's Friends!

https://nypost.com/2022/09/12/democr...op-candidates/

Many thought that the Democrats' plans would go awry, like Mel Brooks plans in the Producers. Remember that the Broadway show he oversold to investors by several hundred percent actually made money. Who would have thought "Springtime for Hitler in Germany" would have been a hit Broadway musical. Well, similarly, what would happen if some of the rabidly pro-Trump Republican candidates the Democrats were supporting actually won general elections?

Well, of course, that didn't happen. The Democrats' strategy was spot on. They ended up winning all the elections against the Republicans they supported in the primaries. Crafty Democrats!
  • Tiny
  • 11-14-2022, 10:21 PM
Beto O'Rourke...ever hear of him? He's ran for the senate, for congress, for president, and for governor. He's lost every time. He has collected in over $200 million in campaign donations. Now, a resourceful, dishonest man can easily find a way to divert funds away from a campaign into his own pocket. It is the democrat way of doing business. So, let's say 5-10 % finds its way to hiring Beto's wife, sister, brother, as a campaign worker. They're highly overpaid and Beto himself can draw a check as an advisor to the campaign. 10 to 20 million dollars for a decade of effort. Not bad, right. Just how stupid are democrats that they let people like Bill and Hillary, Nancy, Stacey, and Beto take their money?

Tell me that it is not possible. Then tell me what Beto does for a living. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

That is definitely possible. And it is even more likely that Trump's PAC will do the same thing.

That's why I prefer to contribute to Mitch McConnell's Senate Leadership Fund. I trust Mitch!
  • WTF
  • 11-14-2022, 10:32 PM
Oops! Forgot who I was talking to. I'll use smaller words and ideas. Yes, Beto lost. That is the idea. Like in The Producers, they wanted a play that would fail on opening night after they raised a couple of million dollars to produce it. Play closes and they get to keep what is left over. If Beto wins an election, he has to work and he also has to open his finances. If he loses...again, he can cook the books and keep substantial money.
So, in all likelihood, Beto is a grifter like so many democrats and you all fall for it every time. . Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Same could be said of Trump now.
Barley is unable to realize that. The way Trump does it may be too sophisticated for him.
If Beto is a "grifter"; what in the fuck is Trump to you OP with all of the scams he's pulled?

Beto to me is just an extremist left-wing nut job who should not be taken seriously. Trump is a greedy piece of shit scam artist who would fuck anybody over to line his pockets. A man who lies nonstop to prey on the pure ignorance of so many people in this country. He is more than happy to take their money, their loyalty and ruin their political party because he neither gives a fuck about them nor their political party.

Beto doesn't have to be a grifter. He lives in El Paso, TX for fucks sake, and he and his wife are worth millions. He's just an extremely liberal goofball with dumb ideas, but hardly a grifter.
I know! I know!

Trump is the Democrats' Best Friend.

And a Friend of The Donald's is a Friend of the Democrats. That's why they spent $53 million in the Republican primaries helping Donald's Friends!

https://nypost.com/2022/09/12/democr...op-candidates/

Many thought that the Democrats' plans would go awry, like Mel Brooks plans in the Producers. Remember that the Broadway show he oversold to investors by several hundred percent actually made money. Who would have thought "Springtime for Hitler in Germany" would have been a hit Broadway musical. Well, similarly, what would happen if some of the rabidly pro-Trump Republican candidates the Democrats were supporting actually won general elections?

Well, of course, that didn't happen. The Democrats' strategy was spot on. They ended up winning all the elections against the Republicans they supported in the primaries. Crafty Democrats! Originally Posted by Tiny
You're trying to hijack this thread. Be warned! This is about Beto.
That is definitely possible. And it is even more likely that Trump's PAC will do the same thing.

That's why I prefer to contribute to Mitch McConnell's Senate Leadership Fund. I trust Mitch! Originally Posted by Tiny
I guess that is one difference between us; when the NRCC asks me for money, I tell them to bring me the proverbial head of Mitch. You love the guy.
If Beto is a "grifter"; what in the fuck is Trump to you OP with all of the scams he's pulled?

Beto to me is just an extremist left-wing nut job who should not be taken seriously. Trump is a greedy piece of shit scam artist who would fuck anybody over to line his pockets. A man who lies nonstop to prey on the pure ignorance of so many people in this country. He is more than happy to take their money, their loyalty and ruin their political party because he neither gives a fuck about them nor their political party.

Beto doesn't have to be a grifter. He lives in El Paso, TX for fucks sake, and he and his wife are worth millions. He's just an extremely liberal goofball with dumb ideas, but hardly a grifter. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
A blind naivete is not charming.
A better phrase is people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. But Barley always has a 1 sided view of the world, bashing democrats.

In recent memory Hillary takes the cake for this sort of behavior.