Moving Forward: But How?

Back in the spring of this year,I wrote that I thought President Biden would not finish out his first term. With the midterms now over and the Democrats seemingly still in the driver's seat, let me repeat that thought.

I don’t think that President Biden is in good health. Two elderly members of my extended family are in advanced stages of mental decline (whatever the medical diagnosis). Many Americans also have a family member or know someone who has a relative with a similar condition. Without mockery or rancor, I believe that President Biden's condition is obvious to many.

His most recent confusion over which country he was in (Cambodia not Columbia) can be passed over as a gaff that anyone could make. However, I am convinced that one day he will be unable to function in public regardless of the efforts of his support team. President Reagan's cognitive decline was evident in his second term. His condition accelerated after leaving office. Mr. Biden is older and still in his first term.

The prospect is that Vice President Harris will have to take over the president's responsibilities through the 25th Amendment process. I do not think that the people actually making decisions at the White House want VP Harris to take over. It is my belief that "they" will want someone else there and not Rep. Pelosi either.

If Mr. Biden is replaced now after the midterms, that person will be able to fill out this current term and run for president in the next two election cycles. . . .about ten years. If it is the vase that Mr. Biden is too debilitated to continue, and Ms. Harris is not the anointed replacement . . .how will that work out?

Consider the Nixon administration of the 1970s. Vice President Spiro Agnew was forced to resign because he was indicted for corruption when he was governor of Delaware. Rep. Gerald Ford was appointed VP to replace him. Later on, President Nixon was forced to resign to avoid being impeached for the Watergate scandal. . . .and Mr. Ford succeeded him, having never faced a national election.

The key to repeating this succession scenario is replacing the sitting Vice President first and then choosing the “right” person to replace her. If I were Ms. Harris, I would be looking over my shoulder politically. If the Clintons are anywhere in the picture, I’d be really concerned.
Look folks, I will admit that I am an 80's kid and we could not give a flying fuck about the past before we were even conceived.

The times have changed now. I know you guys don't like it, but it is the truth. Do yourself a big favor and stop thinking like you are in the past and live in the present.

Bottom line is that if you want to move forward, stop thinking like a dinosaur because those days are long gone, so get with today and forget yesterday.

As far as Biden's health, no shit. He's old as fuck for his job. What did you expect? Stop electing an idiot like Trump as his opposition and there would be no Biden. It's that simple.
I find your post very interesting. How would Harris be replaced in your opinion?
I find your post very interesting. How would Harris be replaced in your opinion? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Good point.
She is the elected Vice President. It’s not like “they” can just tell her to step aside. Biden can’t just “fire” her.

Many are under the mistaken notion that the VP serves at the pleasure of the President. The VP has Constitutional duties. First is to preside over the Senate. Second is to be President if the President is Constitutionally removed or dies.

Just like POTUS, she would first have to be impeached by the House, tried and convicted by the Senate, then removed.

That is the problem with all Vice Presidents. They can go from being a rather insignificant entity to the most powerful person on the Planet in a heart beat.
Lucus: Good points. Yet I so not believe tatI am living in the past. I am remembering history and extrapolating forward through the present to the near future. The example of the how the Nixon presidency ended shows the pathway the Democratic powerbrokers could follow to move past both Harris and Biden to someone more to their liking.

Someone will figure out a way for VP Harris to leave office, voluntarily or otherwise.

Frankly, it would be my preference for the Republican candidate in2024 to run against VP Harris for president.
One day at a time, learn from you errors and go on, you can not change the past. It is really amusing to see Lucas talk about people looking back, because that is all he ever does is look backwards,
I read On another thread that somebody suggested Kari Lake run for vice president, I agree I thought the same thing back when Bush was in office he had Condoleezza Rice and she would’ve made a great president or vice president IMO Kinda of reminds me of that.

From a woman’s point of view, just saying…..
I read On another thread that somebody suggested Kari Lake run for vice president, I agree I thought the same thing back when Bush was in office he had Condoleezza Rice and she would’ve made a great president or vice president IMO Kinda of reminds me of that.

From a woman’s point of view, just saying….. Originally Posted by Cendell M
If not for a boat load of butthurt morons I would agree
Biden and Harris will remain in their offices till 2024. Then comes the big decision on whether either stays. If by some hellish reason, Biden does run again he will have no choice but to take Harris with him. Democrats, Black Democrats will not stand for replacing a Black woman unless it is another Black woman. Just ask Jim Clyburn.
If not for a boat load of butthurt morons I would agree Originally Posted by oilfieldace
I understand I’m just stating how I feel, I know a lot of people don’t agree and that’s ok.
Biden and Harris will remain in their offices till 2024. Then comes the big decision on whether either stays. If by some hellish reason, Biden does run again he will have no choice but to take Harris with him. Democrats, Black Democrats will not stand for replacing a Black woman unless it is another Black woman. Just ask Jim Clyburn. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Well Trump Just made his announcement and that’s who I will be voting for and hope wins, it would be ideal for Ron DeSantis to be vice president and Donald Trump to be president but that’s not likely to happen. We’ll see here we go……

Going to be a lot of Chaos because of this announcement, I believe

But “WE THE PEOPLE” better get it right our country is in a lot of trouble!
Look folks, I will admit that I am an 80's kid and we could not give a flying fuck about the past before we were even conceived.

The times have changed now. I know you guys don't like it, but it is the truth. Do yourself a big favor and stop thinking like you are in the past and live in the present.

Bottom line is that if you want to move forward, stop thinking like a dinosaur because those days are long gone, so get with today and forget yesterday.

As far as Biden's health, no shit. He's old as fuck for his job. What did you expect? Stop electing an idiot like Trump as his opposition and there would be no Biden. It's that simple. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
That's ridiculous. The Democrats had better choices than Biden to nominate. They nominated Biden because he is old, stupid and the easiest to control. True, times are changing but no necessarily for the better.
Jesus fucking Christ

2016 Trump wins election while losing popular vote by @3 m9illion people.

2018 Dems take senate and house back

2020 Trump loses presidency by same number of electoral votes he won by. A record number of republicans turned out for to vote for Trump but were still crushed by another record turn out of more @8 million independents and democrats that who made it plain.
They were done with Trump.
Trumpys continue to attempt to steal that election.

2022 Despite, according to lying chicken little/election deniers, claims the world is falling apart, the economy sucks, blah, blah, blah.
With all that, America says fuck off to the Trump line of bullshit.

Here's to 2 more years of pounding Trump back into the slime he was born of.

All I ask for is a president who doesn't have to wear depends. I believe that is a good way to move forward. It looks like that won't be happening again... battle of the geezers part two coming to a theatre near you.
Trump is too old. Biden is too old. Saunders is too old. Pelosi is too old.

Any Democrats here want to nominate O'Rourke in 2024?

"Beto" and AOC would make a cute ticket.