Delicious Food In Medical Center?

I'm in this area for one more night & I haven't been to a good restaurant out here yet..
I want to taste Texas.
lol.

Any suggestions?

xoxo;
Amber.
My mistake.
I thought this was the top rated Hospital cafeteria food thread.
I see from your showcase comments that you enjoy Italian.

Piccolo's is near the Med Center, 410/Evers,recommend their Eggplant Param., small not much on ambiance,but good food.

Buon Appetito!
I would recommend the shrimp parm at the previously listed place
Dry Dock on Wurzbach....good seafood
I'm in this area for one more night & I haven't been to a good restaurant out here yet..
I want to taste Texas.
lol.

Any suggestions?

xoxo;
Amber. Originally Posted by Alluring_Amber

Leave Med Center
  • DaMan
  • 01-14-2016, 08:23 PM
There's a charming Italian spot, Aldo's, at Wurzbach and Fredericksburg. http://www.aldossa.com
Keyzer is right about Piccolo's.

Blanco Cafe on Medical is good Tex-Mex.

Bombay for hole-in-the-wall Indian buffet.

County Line has its fans for BBQ.

Chester's hamburgers
Leave Med Center Originally Posted by nerdy123

+1
  • Mokoa
  • 01-15-2016, 12:14 AM
My mistake.
I thought this was the top rated Hospital cafeteria food thread. Originally Posted by Precious_b
That would be University Hospital. I spent a lot of time there during the oughts.
Joes pancake house. That is all. Lol.
There's a charming Italian spot, Aldo's, at Wurzbach and Fredericksburg. http://www.aldossa.com
How is this place, I have been looking at it for 20 years....talk about a lurker..LOL
How about the Magnolia Pancake..
How is this place, I have been looking at it for 20 years....talk about a lurker..LOL
How about the Magnolia Pancake.. Originally Posted by nomuff2tuff

Aldo's is.. ok. Rocksan Sushi is decent(Close to Med Center). I actually was going to say Magnolia, but wasn't sure if breakfast spots counted. I hate saying I'm a foodie, but I've lived in Med center before, and if I wanted a decent meal, especially combined with good service, I ventured further away. I do sometimes go to Dry Dock for cheap gulf oysters, but everything else they serve is fried, awful, or both. There's a pretty excellent viatmanese sandwich shop in the same parking lot, but it only does lunch. Med center is all chain, or fast food really.
That sandwich shop is good...

And Magnolia does do lunch, but not sure that counts as Med Ctr.
  • Mokoa
  • 01-15-2016, 11:47 PM
How about the Magnolia Pancake.. Originally Posted by nomuff2tuff
Magnolia Pancake Haus is great, but it is not in the Medical Center area. It is in the 281/Bitters Road area near the Embassy Theater.