Yahoo warning

I entered a BP phone number into Yahoo search bar and the next day I got an email message from Yahoo saying this is not allowed and I am penalized 10 yahoo points. They sent a copy of the link so I know what it's about. Anybody know what the fuck is going on w/Yahoo?
Thanks!
What the hell is a yahoo point?
Sounds like you have spyware on your computer which has access to your email and your searches....not a good combo. Yahoo would just block a search if they wanted to.
Don't ask what a Yahoo point is. I'm just reporting the email from YAHOO. I have no fuckin' idea.
  • Mokoa
  • 01-16-2016, 05:19 PM
The email message you received is most likely a phishing scam. Delete it. I have never heard nor seen Yahoo use any kind of a point system.
People still use Yahoo for search??????????????? LOL
Don't ask what a Yahoo point is. I'm just reporting the email from YAHOO. I have no fuckin' idea. Originally Posted by Txsunman
Yahoo will deduct points, if you reach your max allotted number, they will report you to the hooker police... I heard that if you continue to have points deducted, they install a gerbil with a self-contained life support system in your anal cavity. Every time that you attempt to do a hooker search, it takes a bite out of your large intestine.

That's right...

Yahoo will deduct points, if you reach your max allotted number, they will report you to the hooker police... I heard that if you continue to have points deducted, they install a gerbil with a self-contained life support system in your anal cavity. Every time that you attempt to do a hooker search, it takes a bite out of your large intestine.

That's right...

Originally Posted by Simon Riley
Seems legit.
Use a different search engine.
TXSM, can you send what the email said and who it is from?

SR, thanks for clarifying, good research, the video is spot on.

M210, good suggestion. Google won't bother with points, they are trying to figure out how to make money on it.

Zoo
Unheard of...
The email message you received is most likely a phishing scam. Delete it. I have never heard nor seen Yahoo use any kind of a point system. Originally Posted by Mokoa
+1. Would have to agree that the point system is unheard of. Hopefully, you're not part of some spyware agreement you opted in to and end up as part a human centipede.

+1. Would have to agree that the point system is unheard of. Hopefully, you're not part of some spyware agreement you opted in to and end up as part a human centipede.

Originally Posted by Dr. Grey
LMFAO!
The email is GONE from the deleted folder. Ran a scan and it's gone. It was NOT from Yahoo, IMHO, but appeared to be. I did NOT delete it. The scan deleted it.
TY for the input.
  • Mokoa
  • 01-19-2016, 12:55 AM
Yep, social engineering at work. Emails made to look legitimate and professional, but they aren't. I have received lots of them. Got rid of almost all of them. The ones I kept had the logo of my bank. As you can imagine that bank was quite interested in them. So, I forwarded them as they requested and let the bank hunt them down.

Glad you avoided the trouble.