Ready to relax!!

Coming from Wyoming and it’s been a long trip !! I’m ready to relax and enjoy this pool! I’m thinking Overland Park area ? What’s god to eat ! I want bbq!
not bbq but damn good food in OP
Hawaaii Brothers rocks!!

enjoy!!!
I tried gates bbq .... not the best !!! I’ll definitely try Hawaii brothers today !!
Try Joe's KC some of the best. Just say Z Man!
Try Jack Stack 95 and Metcalf
Q 39 is awesome!!
Try Joe's KC some of the best. Just say Z Man! Originally Posted by zippy40

Did this used to be Oklahoma Joe's? I haven't been in the KC for a bit.
Q 39 is awesome!! Originally Posted by Gonzo11
No it isn't; it might be considered good if it was located in New York, New York: the people up there just don't know what good BBQ is! It can't be BBQ if it is dry and cooked fast just to get the order done.

Best BBQ in KC area is actually in my back yard…
Q 39 is awesome!! Originally Posted by Gonzo11
No it isn't… Originally Posted by JRLawrence
I am a Q39 fan, but actually just for their chicken wing appetizer. Their beef and pork entrees are… ehhh… ok. To JR’s point, you cook chicken hot and fast, anyways, to help get the skin tight and “bite-thru”, so they do that well. But, in my rankings of local eateries, places like Slaps are ahead of Q39.
Jack Stacks has the distinction of being the only place I know that has beef ribs. Or at least they did last time I was there...
Best BBQ in KC area is actually in my back yard… I am a Q39 fan, but actually just for their chicken wing appetizer. Their beef and pork entrees are… ehhh… ok. To JR’s point, you cook chicken hot and fast, anyways, to help get the skin tight and “bite-thru”, so they do that well. But, in my rankings of local eateries, places like Slaps are ahead of Q39. Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs
Good point Wizard. I went to Q-39 just one time and didn't try the chicken; but then anyone can cook chicken on just a Webber Grill and slap some sauce on it.

Speaking of sauce. Arthur Bryant's BBQ is slow cook, tender and great, but the original sauce is not my choice. Try the different sauces. They make a huge sandwich that has the meat and fat just hanging off the bone. Most of the time I take about half the meal home.

If you can't call the BBQ place a Joint: it isn't BBQ when you see people wearing suits.
I tried gates bbq .... not the best !!! I’ll definitely try Hawaii brothers today !! Originally Posted by Lalasowett18
Come to Texas and get some REAL BBQ!
Come to Texas and get some REAL BBQ! Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Even Earl's in OKC is better than Texan.
They use the king's fav recipe.
Even Earl's in OKC is better than Texan. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Yeah but you like that greasy stuff you call BBQ!
Gates is smoked garbage and the meat is chewy. Jack Stack or LC’s are my go to places.