For JohnnyGleet

Prolly best to continue from a new string!

My life is unrecognizable to what it used to be back then! I have damaged ear drums, so, needless to say, music doesn't register as it once did. Not to mention my attitude towards just about anything is different. I even have an appreciation for classical music now. Some of that came out of my younger years. Then it was referred to as "music for the head" in some circles. And like classic rock, my recognition and appreciation is limited. I still like it ALL loud, it just doesn't need to come through a $2 or $3K music system to sound good!

Been thinking about posting the 1812 Overture, with choir. But I'm sure there won't be many takers! Beethoven's 9th would be another!!

" Meet the new boss.... " you know the rest .

Part of it is that I recently returned to vinyl and, like other born agains, am in a bit of a proselytizing mood. Like many, I wish I'd kept my old records rather then falling for the ' great lie' about CDs. I would buy cds of albums I previously had on vinyl just to be seriously disappointed in the experience.

Two albums that come to mind are Mott by Mott the Hoople and Stomping at the Savoy Life by Rufus and Chaka Khan.

Amplifying on your post ( ha) isn't hijacking. I appreciate your keeping the classics alive. Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet