US Census

Wtf,
Got mine today.
They want me to use the internet to log in and file. Wtf?

What's internet? What if I don't want my IP traced. Internet is not secure.

Can I get a paper copy in Algonquian language?
They have several foreign country languages, why not one of the largest Indian tribal languages? Seriously. Were here before the english invaders came over in the 1600s.

Or, I'll take a paper copy in Russian. How do I get that?

WTF, they'll send someone to knock on door? I don't think so. Security gates. One at road, another at corral, last at garage. How are they gonna get past the longhorns in the corral? Do they ride horses? OK, maybe. Do they speak Algonquin Indian? Russian? Irish Celtic? How about Portuguese Pirate? Sigh.

OK, seriously, internet?
Last, looks like junk mail.
You are F'ed
Wtf,
Got mine today.
They want me to use the internet to log in and file. Wtf?

What's internet? What if I don't want my IP traced. Internet is not secure.

Can I get a paper copy in Algonquian language?
They have several foreign country languages, why not one of the largest Indian tribal languages? Seriously. Were here before the english invaders came over in the 1600s.

Or, I'll take a paper copy in Russian. How do I get that?

WTF, they'll send someone to knock on door? I don't think so. Security gates. One at road, another at corral, last at garage. How are they gonna get past the longhorns in the corral? Do they ride horses? OK, maybe. Do they speak Algonquin Indian? Russian? Irish Celtic? How about Portuguese Pirate? Sigh.

OK, seriously, internet?
Last, looks like junk mail. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

there's a mail out that looks like its from census is actually a scam. its junk mail.

• oeb11
  • 03-13-2020, 06:42 AM
Census determines state populations, and allocates House based on the results.

Even more importantly - the electoral college vote distribution is determined by the census.

If you live in kalifornia - I urge you to trash the "fake form"!
^^^ there watching """"""""""""""""""""
there's a mail out that looks like its from census is actually a scam. its junk mail.

Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

I just finished filing mine. The official notice gives you your census ID which you must put into the official census website at "mycensus.gov". A junk census isn't going to have a way to put those two things together and it seems the government already knows who lives at my address so what does it matter if I merely confirm it?

I was surprised at how short it was, basically just confirming number of persons living in this particular household. I guess I can understand why some people with nefarious motives might not want to answer this question but I lead a non nefarious kind of life so I don't much care.

I remember previous census forms that asked all kinds of silly questions like how many bathrooms the residence had.

But the one question that will undoubtedly cause the most consternation is, what gender are you? There are only 2 choices. UH OH! Didn't anybody tell them there are now 37 choices? I suppose many millions of people will be angry at that question and just refuse to participate.

2nd problem question, what race are you? Lots to pick from there. I checked White but in a box and then parenthesis, it had German, English etc. I didn't bother to chose on and hit next. It gave me a reminder that I hadn't chosen a sub category of White but it said if I didn't want to chose, I didn't, I could continue.

That was basically it. No questions about income which also surprised me. Nothing about work or retired, nothing about how many cars in this household.

Since I don't believe that anybody in this country illegally whether having crossed the border illegally or over staid their VISA, in the words of Elizabeth Warren "I have a plan for that", find them, take everything they have acquired after their VISA had expired and deport them and they can never return and of course if a female had a child, sorry, a non binary person, that child would not be an American citizen, an absurd notion on it's face, those people need not be counted for purpose of representation because only citizens IMHO need representation.

But, but, but, we need to know the number of people so we can give them free this and that, no, we deport anybody in this country illegally, that's what we should do. While I'm willing to consider letting so called Dreamers stay, they can't be an American citizen because their entry was illegal and that can not be rewarded but removing a person brought here without knowledge of breaking our law and has committed no addition illegal activity MIGHT get a pass from me. I would have to see the legislation in writing.

If you are an American citizen, there is a reasonable purpose for filing your census IMHO.
  • oeb11
  • 03-13-2020, 12:40 PM
HF - You have far too much common sense to appeal to or be understood by the Fascist DPST'S!!!!
You have probably set your self up for an abusive post(s) from certain Marxist posters.

Please consider checking out the Ignore function on your CP.

Makes the Forum much better.
HF - You have far too much common sense to appeal to or be understood by the Fascist DPST'S!!!!
You have probably set your self up for an abusive post(s) from certain Marxist posters.

Please consider checking out the Ignore function on your CP.

Makes the Forum much better. Originally Posted by oeb11

I already have with HH and WTF on ignore since nothing they have ever said interest me and I'm not here to throw constant ad hominem attacks. I really do like a good civil debate with those who hold different ideas than I do. I like to see who can make the best argument and may the best man, woman or non binary win.
I just finished filing mine. The official notice gives you your census ID which you must put into the official census website at "mycensus.gov". A junk census isn't going to have a way to put those two things together and it seems the government already knows who lives at my address so what does it matter if I merely confirm it?

I was surprised at how short it was, basically just confirming number of persons living in this particular household. I guess I can understand why some people with nefarious motives might not want to answer this question but I lead a non nefarious kind of life so I don't much care.

I remember previous census forms that asked all kinds of silly questions like how many bathrooms the residence had.

But the one question that will undoubtedly cause the most consternation is, what gender are you? There are only 2 choices. UH OH! Didn't anybody tell them there are now 37 choices? I suppose many millions of people will be angry at that question and just refuse to participate.

2nd problem question, what race are you? Lots to pick from there. I checked White but in a box and then parenthesis, it had German, English etc. I didn't bother to chose on and hit next. It gave me a reminder that I hadn't chosen a sub category of White but it said if I didn't want to chose, I didn't, I could continue.

That was basically it. No questions about income which also surprised me. Nothing about work or retired, nothing about how many cars in this household.

Since I don't believe that anybody in this country illegally whether having crossed the border illegally or over staid their VISA, in the words of Elizabeth Warren "I have a plan for that", find them, take everything they have acquired after their VISA had expired and deport them and they can never return and of course if a female had a child, sorry, a non binary person, that child would not be an American citizen, an absurd notion on it's face, those people need not be counted for purpose of representation because only citizens IMHO need representation.

But, but, but, we need to know the number of people so we can give them free this and that, no, we deport anybody in this country illegally, that's what we should do. While I'm willing to consider letting so called Dreamers stay, they can't be an American citizen because their entry was illegal and that can not be rewarded but removing a person brought here without knowledge of breaking our law and has committed no addition illegal activity MIGHT get a pass from me. I would have to see the legislation in writing.

If you are an American citizen, there is a reasonable purpose for filing your census IMHO. Originally Posted by HedonistForever

checking my spam folder i don't see any census. but i did find out that a Nigerian prince has left me 10 million dollars!

BAHHAHAAAA
checking my spam folder i don't see any census. but i did find out that a Nigerian prince has left me 10 million dollars!

BAHHAHAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Let me guess, you only need to send him $5,000 to complete the transaction!
Let me guess, you only need to send him $5,000 to complete the transaction! Originally Posted by HedonistForever

correct! however .. they might be waiting awhile .. as in forever.

remember the Bob Mueller FBI scam? i got a copy of that years ago that was actually well edited, no grammatical mistakes and odd capitalization of words, read very well! i liked it so much i actually kept the email. then later i got one of the butchered versions chock full of typos and replied back with the much better copy and said ..

"here use mine .. it works much netter".

BAHHAHAAAA
correct! however .. they might be waiting awhile .. as in forever.

remember the Bob Mueller FBI scam? i got a copy of that years ago that was actually well edited, no grammatical mistakes and odd capitalization of words, read very well! i liked it so much i actually kept the email. then later i got one of the butchered versions chock full of typos and replied back with the much better copy and said ..

"here use mine .. it works much netter".

BAHHAHAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

did it bounce?