Custom "Home" Page (definition)

I think it would be great if in our Account preferences we could set our "Home" location. i.e. I prefer to start out in the San Antonio Forums. Some people might like to always open up to their messages (or their favorite thread)

Also, when I go check my messages from the San Antonio subsection, there is no easy way to get back where I came from. I have to click Home which takes me to WorldWide and then walk there.

(Yes, the other work around is to use the Browser back button but as any web-developer knows this is scary and dangerous. I also don't like passing through previous posts-in-progress, edits I already completed, etc)

This board is a GREAT app. I'm thrilled with what it already can do. This is just an enhancement suggestion. Cheers!

I apologize if this has already been covered. I used the SEARCH tab and combed through many posts and didn't find it.
This board runs an old version of vBulletin as it is. It would be nice to see it upgraded to the 4th generation of the software, or even Xen Foro.
^^^new VB would be great
  • Mokoa
  • 03-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I think it would be great if in our Account preferences we could set our "Home" location. i.e. I prefer to start out in the San Antonio Forums. Some people might like to always open up to their messages (or their favorite thread) Originally Posted by GentlemanCaller007
You can bookmark the page you want to start with. When you go to the bookmark that page will display but you will have to still log in. After you do that that same page will display again.

Just bookmark the pages you visit frequently and then you can use them to easily get to them from wherever you happen to be.

Also, when I go check my messages from the San Antonio subsection, there is no easy way to get back where I came from. I have to click Home which takes me to WorldWide and then walk there. Originally Posted by GentlemanCaller007
Yes. there is. Near the top of the page you will find this section...

With those links you can easily go back to a forum page without having to backspace your way through.
On the same token, isn't there a way to put a radio button (or whatnot) at the bottom of threads, where a user can click and be taken back to the threads in the forum they were just in? Say for instance I'm reading a post in the Dallas section, and I'm at the very bottom. Currently I have to scroll all the way back to the top in order to hit the "Dallas" section again. I know in other vBulletin formats, at the very bottom, you can just click on the "Forum Jump" at the bottom and it takes you back to whatever forum you want to be in, if that makes sense.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Use the "back" button on your browser to retrace your steps. In Firefox, when you right click the "back" button it will display a list of the pages you recently visited. Then all you have to do is choose the one you want.
Actually there is. ECCIE leaves what is called crumbs on top of the website to the left of where you logged in.

As an example if I click on San Antonio -> Provider Ads the left side will display "ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio" Underneath you will see "Provider Ads - San Antonio"

If you click on the "San Antonio" on the first line it will take you back to the San Antonio section as if you clicked on "Home -> San Antonio".
I get that. But vBulletin usually has the option to put a "forum jump" button at the bottom of a thread page, so you can immediately jump back to the section you were in, i.e. San Antonio>Mens Lounge, instead of having to go back to the San Antonio section in general.

Actually there is. ECCIE leaves what is called crumbs on top of the website to the left of where you logged in.

As an example if I click on San Antonio -> Provider Ads the left side will display "ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio" Underneath you will see "Provider Ads - San Antonio"

If you click on the "San Antonio" on the first line it will take you back to the San Antonio section as if you clicked on "Home -> San Antonio". Originally Posted by dante0322
  • Mokoa
  • 05-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I believe a couple of you missed the last part of Post 4.
Perhaps, but you still have to scroll back up to the top of a thread in order to get to that part.

I believe a couple of you missed the last part of Post 4. Originally Posted by Mokoa
  • Mokoa
  • 05-16-2012, 12:23 AM
No, not really. Just use the Home key. It will instantly take you to the top of the page.