Issue with "Terms of Service"

• 69er
  • 04-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Actually it appears the owners have decided to make sure we have had to agree with the "Terms of Service" here on the site. I have no issue with this. It did however prompt me to actually read them. Thanks for not making them overly "legally".

This did turn up what I believe is an issue for the owners of the board, and anyone who advertises here. Please refer to this excerpt from the terms of service:

"9. You represent, warrant, and covenant that: (a) you shall not upload, post, or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Web Site any materials which ... (vii) contain advertising of any kind, ... and (b) that you are at least eighteen (18) years old."

Specifically the statement that nothing posted on the site should contain advertising of any kind. Please note that the owners have chosen entire forums and put in places rules for advertisers in those forums. Since this is done with the full knowledge of the moderaters and owners, and is very easily visible, it may bring into question the validity of the Terms of Service. I think this section needs to be reworded to state something like "contain advertising in any of the forums other than those specifically defined for advertisers."

Anyway, it isn't really an issue for me, but thought the mod's and owners should be made aware that all the postings in the various cities "Provider Ads" and the Business Services sections are in direct violation of this stipulation of the "Terms of Service".
Hummmm, So what do we do now?
Uhm Fuck like rabbits?
  • 69er
  • 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I believe that the owners will fix the section in question pretty quickly. The section is just improperly worded. They definitely want advertising here. It is how they are making money.

I would suggest that some of the ladies also read the "Terms of Service" carefully. The way they are written now, when you post a picture or ad, you give an irrevocable right to any Copyrights in anything that is posted. For example the pictures in a showcase are posted here. The way the agreement is now, since you have given the site an irrevocable right to those pictures, they could sell them as stock photos. They could pretty much do with them as they please. As an advertiser, I understand you need to give them a limited right to post the picture here, in the original context it was posted, but giving rights without limits is just a bit overboard.

Unless some ladies complain, it will likely stay the way it is. If so, I hope the advertisers here all believe that ECCIE always has the advertisers best interest at heart. Not that I'm jaded, but if you believe that, I've got some land in the everglades at a great price that I'm willing to sell. LOL
I agree, I think the TOS are a little overboard. Considering a large portion of its traffic comes from advertising, I doubt they truly want to do away with ads. Unless there's something they're not telling us. I also agree that the portion on copyright has to be written wrong because it is conveying the message that anything we post her is automatically now their copy written information. All that would happen is if they sell my photos for stock or to magazines they'd end up in a legal battle with my photographer. I'm sure other ladies could do the same. I doubt that's the type of drama the owners want.
I agree with 69er too! You have to agree to the terms to even 'log in" so of course, we all do "say that we agree". I just assumed that the word "advertising" was used a little too loosely and could possibly re-word that paragraph to better define the parameters they would like us all to adhere to.
And we still don't know the donations.
I had to agree to the terms of service a couple days ago before I could log in. The last time I came across something like this was just before the shit hit the fan at E.com. Is something going on around here that we aren't being told about?
I wondered about that too as I had not received a notice like that before. Somebody mentioned it about a month ago coming up when he logged in.
I believe that the owners will fix the section in question pretty quickly. The section is just improperly worded. They definitely want advertising here. It is how they are making money.

I would suggest that some of the ladies also read the "Terms of Service" carefully. The way they are written now, when you post a picture or ad, you give an irrevocable right to any Copyrights in anything that is posted. For example the pictures in a showcase are posted here. The way the agreement is now, since you have given the site an irrevocable right to those pictures, they could sell them as stock photos. They could pretty much do with them as they please. As an advertiser, I understand you need to give them a limited right to post the picture here, in the original context it was posted, but giving rights without limits is just a bit overboard.

Unless some ladies complain, it will likely stay the way it is. If so, I hope the advertisers here all believe that ECCIE always has the advertisers best interest at heart. Not that I'm jaded, but if you believe that, I've got some land in the everglades at a great price that I'm willing to sell. LOL Originally Posted by 69er
I had to agree to the terms of service a couple days ago before I could log in. The last time I came across something like this was just before the shit hit the fan at E.com. Is something going on around here that we aren't being told about? Originally Posted by jokacz
Hi,

If you're in Texas, this move is something to be concerned about, especially, if you link your website to this site! Texas has "new" nudity laws and are using all avenues to prosecute the ladies that are blantantly "hustlin'."

I'm pleased they're no more prices! Now, if they will just remove them from the "fantasy" reviews, I would be a happy camper. As far as posting, etc..., I thought it meant all of us not just the ladies.

And for those of you that ask about prices....remember that ole saying...."If you have to ask, you can't afford it!" Most "true" hobbiest know the going rate for a breakfast, a lunch or a dinner date.

Have Fun & Play Safe!

Sincerely,
Wet