Freaking improve

• ttmax
  • 02-24-2022, 03:46 AM
Wow! Went to a restaurant in New Braunfels a chain.... 2 person eating, waited to get drinks, waited to order, waited to get food, waited to get refills, waited for little stuff, time to pay, waitress comes 4 times in 5 minutes if we need anything else. Handed bill, $65 dollars, left $5 cash tip.....she was angry, but hey, dam bad service....to much freaking waiting!
IDK, most places are short staffed and service has suffered all across the board for awhile now.
I try to take the view that everyone is working hard and I’ll tip 20 % regardless of the service. I always thank them and smile. Sometimes the server will recognize me or my family and step it up next time. Sometimes I think “well they are having a tough go, I hope there day gets better”
  • ttmax
  • 02-24-2022, 03:22 PM
IDK, most places are short staffed and service has suffered all across the board for awhile now.
I try to take the view that everyone is working hard and I’ll tip 20 % regardless of the service. I always thank them and smile. Sometimes the server will recognize me or my family and step it up next time. Sometimes I think “well they are having a tough go, I hope there day gets better” Originally Posted by I Like Massage
Very true... hospital, restaurants, banks, many businesses short staff. Some businesses are welcome and make excuses to save on labor and costs..ie banks, doctors office.... some not all. Unemployment pays more.... I understand that issue very well. Just saying be glad with any tip.... some people can't afford tips... Millennium don't tip at all.
I own restaurants and had over 250 people eating and 3 waitresses.
NO body wants to work and please don't give me the crap about $15/hr.
My employees average $35/hr with tips.

There are no people who are willing to work anymore.
Get used to it because soon you will be talking to a computer and we all love that!
Wow! Went to a restaurant in New Braunfels a chain.... 2 person eating, waited to get drinks, waited to order, waited to get food, waited to get refills, waited for little stuff, time to pay, waitress comes 4 times in 5 minutes if we need anything else. Handed bill, $65 dollars, left $5 cash tip.....she was angry, but hey, dam bad service....to much freaking waiting! Originally Posted by ttmax

She paid taxes on $9.75 weather you gave it to her or not..

Get used to it because soon you will be talking to a computer and we all love that! Originally Posted by robexar
As a business owner, I’m going to politely disagree with this characterization. Between my two businesses I have about 50 employees, 25 Full Time, 25 part time. We span from professional, executive, licensed, certified and “minimum wage”
Our “minimum wage” employees make $12-15, our certified employee make a minimum of $30 (with annual performance raises), our management team and licensed professionals make top end of industry. We have 0-5% turnover. We have people clamoring to work for us. It’s because we support and listen to our employees, pay a good wage, respect their off time and carefully select and mentor our leadership team to create an environment where people want to work.

It’s about recognizing that our most valuable assets are our employees. When you have happy staff in a nontoxic work environment your clients notice and are more likely to return. We have 700 and 150 5 star Google reviews that say treating people well works for your bottom line.

Get used to it because soon you will be talking to a computer and we all love that! Originally Posted by robexar
To be fair, I am not a restaurateur.
I understand that restaurants have thin margins and are sensitive to price fluctuations. Our overhead has sky rocketed in both business and we had to raise prices. So I get it. I just disagree with the “people don’t want to work” part
  • ttmax
  • 03-10-2022, 10:07 PM
...restaurant nowadays are getting creative...
1. automatic 20% percent tip
2. miscellaneous service fee.
3. to go container fee.
4. adding fee percentage for using a credit cart.
5. party of 5 or more added automatically a tip
6. additional fee for soda refills or extra sauce.

...all are legitimate fees with the exception of #1, #2 and #5 are unfairly added (old school was, you leave a staring 10% tip or a generous tip accordingly to the service as a gratitude!) and servers were happy, and yes life has always been hard even when not making minimal wage, but dependent on tips thus earned it with a good service.
  • Tdam
  • 03-11-2022, 01:55 PM
As a business owner, I’m going to politely disagree with this characterization. Between my two businesses I have about 50 employees, 25 Full Time, 25 part time. We span from professional, executive, licensed, certified and “minimum wage”
Our “minimum wage” employees make $12-15, our certified employee make a minimum of $30 (with annual performance raises), our management team and licensed professionals make top end of industry. We have 0-5% turnover. We have people clamoring to work for us. It’s because we support and listen to our employees, pay a good wage, respect their off time and carefully select and mentor our leadership team to create an environment where people want to work.

It’s about recognizing that our most valuable assets are our employees. When you have happy staff in a nontoxic work environment your clients notice and are more likely to return. We have 700 and 150 5 star Google reviews that say treating people well works for your bottom line. Originally Posted by I Like Massage
I run my own business as well but you got me ready to update my resume and send it your way!
If I’m getting shitty service I look to see how much wait staff they have. If they look like they’re doing the best they can I tip them good. If they’re fucking off, not so much.
Our employees are the ones who dropped out of middle school and high school. We take real good care of them. We pay for a dentist visit, eye doctor once a year but most important, we bail them out of jail when they get arrested. They pay us back.

None of these people are professionals or ever gone to college. I always have people telling me not to hire felons or drug users. Hell, I would have no employees if I had drug tests.
Their working environment is not the problem.

Before Covid, we had tons of people and hardly any turnover for a restaurant, but now!
BIG Difference and we have not changed, the employees attitude has.

The reason I can not expand and open more locations ids the lack of employees.
I Wish I only had to deal with professionals!
In my real business, I am a professional and have been in business 35 years. My employees work 30 works a week and get paid for 40. They make close to 6 figures and I still have trouble finding staff.

The only point I was trying to make is, please be patient with restaurants until we get back to normal.
Trust me, they are working their asses off.
  • ttmax
  • 03-15-2022, 04:35 PM
robexar +1....