Electoral College Fun and Games...

Well, there is a distinct possibility that Mitt Romney might squeak out a win in the popular vote, but lose the presidency to Obama, who wins the Electoral College vote.

I don't have a problem with that. Those are the rules we live by and it happened to Al Gore just a dozen years ago.

But if you want to run through some really amazing scenarios, just take a look at what happens if the Electoral College ends up tied:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=sHEDXzOfENI#!

I particularly like the scenario in which no one wins a majority of the electoral votes, but a third party candidate gets only 17% of the national vote, but wins the electoral votes of all of the 26 smallest states and is then picked as president by the congressional representatives of those states. Even though 83% of the country did NOT vote for that candidate.

Heh.
  • CJ7
  • 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
makes you wonder how high the boys were when they decided the rules of the game doesnt it
"The Boys" created a Republic -- not a Democracy.

"The Boys" wrote laws to govern a federal system of government -- not a centrist, totalitarian system of government.
Well, there is a distinct possibility that Mitt Romney might squeak out a win in the popular vote, but lose the presidency to Obama, who wins the Electoral College vote.
. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Ohhhh yyyeaaaaaaaaahhh. Count on it baby!

Great video.
Actually, it's a good system. Without it, smaller states would have no say in who the President is.
makes you wonder how high the boys were when they decided the rules of the game doesnt it Originally Posted by CJ7
Not really.

It wasn't just the Founding Fathers who set up the rules.

The Electoral College provisions in Article 2, Section 1, were amended twice. Once by the 12th Amendment in 1803 and again by the 20th Amendment in 1932.

So, the current set of rules have been reviewed and re-ratified twice.
If it weren't for the electoral college the POTUS would be decided by the election officials in NYC, Chicago and LA.
If it weren't for the electoral college the POTUS would be decided by the election officials in NYC, Chicago and LA. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Quite true.
If it weren't for the electoral college the POTUS would be decided by the election officials in NYC, Chicago and LA. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yes Sir..Oyoshow fuckers...
Majority rules,whoops not in elections...
The U.S. is a Republic: not a Democracy.
And you're both an asshole and a dipshit.

Thanks for the civics lesson.
More dribbling bullshit-blather from the pile of bullshit AKA Assup! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
And you're both an asshole and a dipshit.

Thanks for the civics lesson. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Oassup's theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYUZtm1Cpko
excellent new cartoon IBWallowing. Unfortunately, your bullshit is inconsequential.

Win, lose or draw, when you wake up on Nov. 7, you'll still be a DIPSHIT.