why we will never colonize outer space

One spacesuit costs $ 12 million
  • pxmcc
  • 12-01-2017, 11:40 PM
nothing found anywhere in the universe so far that is even close to as habitable as earth. we're better off trying to fix our own fuckups here and helping to keep what we have than trying to run somewhere else and fuck it up too..

but first we have to get our head out of the sand. we can start by impeaching our denier-in-chief, on unrelated matters..

its facts versus fantasty btw, not right versus left. i like the right's can do attitude, when they put their mind to something..
Always have a backup plan, you never know when a giant asteroid can come in and slam into your planet. Also mining for resources could be very profitable. Space colonies will follow the money just like when Europeans came over to the Americas.
When exploration was taking place on earth, explorers were always looking for something, whether it be gold, a short passage to India, religious freedom, etc.

What are we looking for in outer space ?
One spacesuit costs $ 12 million Originally Posted by VitaMan
evolution should continue and eventually humans won't need suits.
Do you mean we won't need SuitMart ?

Since humans are the only one who use clothes, it seems like we are the only species who have accomplished backward evolution.
If we learn to mine astroids...the investment would be mind boggling. Precious metals are becoming scarce on Earth....if we want to continue having cell phones...we need more. Besides, NASA'S current budget is .04%...if anything, we need more investment.

Try to get your hands on a copy of National Geographic's November ('16) edition, "Race to The Red Planet". It's a fascinating read.

In a nutshell, colonizing other star systems (let alone our own solar system) is going to be challenging.

Here's the straight skinny....human beings, as we are currently constructed are not made to combat the extreme rigors of extended space travel. As we already know, Zero Gravity wreaks havoc on our bodies over long periods of time.

It's one thing to be 250+ miles from the surface of the earth (ie: the International Space Station) however once we get outside of the "safety shield" the earth's electro-magnetic field provides, we'll need to figure out how to contend with exposure to varied levels of hazardous cosmic rays and other space radiation.

This is where genetic scientists come in. If we're to send manned missions into deep space we're going to need to create genetically altered human beings. Now....doesn't that just open up a whole new can of worms for the politicians and theologians to debate, hmmm?
If we learn to mine astroids...the investment would be mind boggling. Precious metals are becoming scarce on Earth....if we want to continue having cell phones...we need more. Besides, NASA'S current budget is .04%...if anything, we need more investment. Originally Posted by biggunner
If you want to follow this route, go to Brazil. The country is incredibly rich in almost inaccessible, incredibly costly mining resources. That is the reason they never get developed. But might be a better choice than asteroids....
  • pxmcc
  • 12-08-2017, 03:29 AM
^^lol.
ya when Bush 43 started talking about the economic benefits of mining on the moon, i knew his admin was all downhill from there and he, personally, was full of shit, and not to believe anything he said. sure enough, it was as i foresaw it to be..