Simone Biles Hero Worship

Simone Biles is the top American gymnast in history. She's won a ton of medals and competitions and invented many difficult gymnastic moves no one else can replicate.

But she quit. In the middle of competition. On the "world's biggest stage." Just bailed.

I'm tired of these people making excuses for her. "She so brave." "It took so much courage." "Mental health is important." "I wish I could do that."

Biles (or her people) is selling apparel with GOAT emblems on it. The "Greatest Of All Time" don't quit during a competition and leave their teammates holding the bag. Was she physically injured? No.

I wasn't a Tom Brady fan but he showed me when he brought his team back from a 28-3 deficit in the Superbowl. Did he turn to Bellichick and say "I'm having a bad day, pull me?" No. He got himself and his team together and won.

Most of all, I'm tired of people praising Biles for quitting. After the past year, when "Be safe at all costs" seems to be the mantra, quitting seems almost encouraged. Couldn't Bile's do the floor exercise from home?

This whole incident makes me appreciate more Kerri Strug's final vault when her ankle was broken. She didn't have the talent that Biles had but she got the job done despite tremendous pain.
Simone Biles is the top American gymnast in history. She's won a ton of medals and competitions and invented many difficult gymnastic moves no one else can replicate.

But she quit. In the middle of competition. On the "world's biggest stage." Just bailed.

I'm tired of these people making excuses for her. "She so brave." "It took so much courage." "Mental health is important." "I wish I could do that."

Biles (or her people) is selling apparel with GOAT emblems on it. The "Greatest Of All Time" don't quit during a competition and leave their teammates holding the bag. Was she physically injured? No.

I wasn't a Tom Brady fan but he showed me when he brought his team back from a 28-3 deficit in the Superbowl. Did he turn to Bellichick and say "I'm having a bad day, pull me?" No. He got himself and his team together and won.

Most of all, I'm tired of people praising Biles for quitting. After the past year, when "Be safe at all costs" seems to be the mantra, quitting seems almost encouraged. Couldn't Bile's do the floor exercise from home?

This whole incident makes me appreciate more Kerri Strug's final vault when her ankle was broken. She didn't have the talent that Biles had but she got the job done despite tremendous pain. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Absolutely. GOATs don’t quit, they overcome obstacles, ALWAYS. Definitely the era of snowflakes that wand attention for nothing or everything handed to them
She let her country and her teammates down. She is a quitter abs should take be an praised for doing it.
Yeah she choked and is getting praised for it.
Agree she let the US and her team down. That spot could of been taken by another athlete who wanted to complete.

She will live with it for the rest of her life. Probably will be looking back and saying "why did I quit?". At the water cooler at each and every office she is known as the Olympic athlete that quit.
Wikipedia, in 30 years from now she will be known as the athlete that withdrew for mental health status.
These Olympics have shown the depth to which our society is sinking. Biles is just a symptom. Her and the tennis player who broke down are a disgrace.

Look at the woman's national team in soccer. I used to not give a shit about soccer. Ambivalence. Now those woman have changed my mindset to really not liking them at all. It's ain't that I oppose any of their causes, it's how they are presenting it with their leftist 'woke' bull shit.

Mens basketball is coached by one of the biggest America haters in all of sports. Fuck that guy and his ideas. How he is still coaching tells me a lot about pro sports.

The Olympics used to be about being above politics. Now a significant number of the participants wallow in the pig shit.
Not only did Biles quit, in my opinion she did so to make a statement, her own perhaps or for fear of being canceled and being labeled an Uncle Tom for being a proud American which many Olympic athletes aren’t proud to be currently. What I didn’t understand is if she had a mental break down and was struggling to keep it together why didn’t they take her to a facility or have a psychiatric evaluation and move her from the Olympics so she could get it together so to speak. It’ll all come out soon enough.
She let her country and her teammates down. Originally Posted by Luvasian1990
In case you hadn't noticed that is an infliction that has spread across the "U.S. Team"(?) faster than Covid across the country.

It's not a "U.S. Team" .... it's a "ME Team"!

All these U.S. haters demonstrating at the "Games" should inquire their demise had they been on the Chinese Team .... dragged off and crisped with the flame thrower ... like Mr. North Korea does with his ex-GFs!
This is the culmination of participation trophy mentality. Biles can replace Goat with "Loser" or "Quitter". That's what she is now. Always will be in my mind. You don't quit on your team in the middle of competition unless you have a physical injury...And then there is Kerry Strug.

Not in the right headspace? WTF? So many former gymnasts are making excuses for Biles. All them bitches be woke I guess.

Jade Carey is the one who deserves praise. She gave up an earned team spot so that six gymnasts could go to the games. Good for her still getting to be on that stage. I hope she does well in her individual events.
For those old enough to remember a great boxer Roberto Duran aka "Manos de piedra" champion in 4 divisions, but what is his legacy forever? "NO MAS"
Well I would of been pissed if she would of continued solo...I am glad she quit the whole damn thing. Because to be able to leave your team and still get the gold for herself.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Best believe from now on that will be on the form passing a psych evaluation.
Do you feel like you can handle the pressure of the olympics.
She is the GOAT in TALENT but not in following through and it all matters...
Their is a cold commercial that shows it best.. a kid needing a parent yet they are calling today off.. YOU GET NO DAYS OFF as a parent and you get no days off in the OLYMPICS..
good grief...
I hope she gets better in the head. BUT if I bought wheaties I would not buy that box.
Aren't those twirly exercises she does considered possibly dangerous ?
Your point?
If she loses her orientation during a twist she can break her neck.

I don't think golfers have the same dangers when they get twitchy.

Did you see her losing it when practicing in the foam landing area?

All these keyboard heroes, make me want to puke.
Aren't those twirly exercises she does considered possibly dangerous ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Of course they are….so are many other occupations in the real world where quitting and bailing on your co-workers is not an option…..

Typical woke crybaby mentality…..I’m sure they’ll blame Trump for this as well…..