terrible Houston drivers

Is it only in Houston that drivers are on your bumper at 70 and 75 mph ? The distance is supposed to be something like 5 or 6 car lengths. That might cause an accident.....and do....every time you go out on the freeway you see a mangled car or two.
no, it's everywhere in texas that i've been. even out on two lane country roads where the guy behind you can't pass because you have nowhere to move over and the traffic is too heavy to pass.
That's just Houston driver's getting out of town for a few days.
Funny how if you watch the dash cam videos on youtube, everyone complains about the drivers in their area the same way.

No, it's not just Houston. They're dumbass drivers everywhere. Some of those outside the US make American drivers look tame.

Get yourself a quality dash cam and drive. When something happens that is dangerous, upload the video to your local PD.

I have received phone calls from Sargent's who revieed my video and sent letter to registered owners of cars who were caught on video.
Is it only in Houston that drivers are on your bumper at 70 and 75 mph ? The distance is supposed to be something like 5 or 6 car lengths. That might cause an accident.....and do....every time you go out on the freeway you see a mangled car or two. Originally Posted by VitaMan

Sounds like a damn good driver.
Using your draft until you get out of the fucking passing lane.
Using your draft until you get out of the fucking passing lane. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
No doubt....that’s when it would be great to have a belt fed .50 cal mounted on the front of your truck.....
  • pxmcc
  • 04-23-2021, 11:09 PM
^^sounds like road warrior..
No, it's not just Houston. Originally Posted by O'Mike
Nationally, you are correct. Locally, historically the insurance rates in the Houston metro area are higher. The risk drives the rates. There are a lot of unlicensed and uninsured people driving vehicles in the Houston area. Just like there are a lot of people driving vehicles they don't own.

So why was it Red Light Cams were removed?
... upload the video to your local PD. Originally Posted by Fizley
"Houston PD"?
I have received phone calls from Sargent's who revieed my video and sent letter to registered owners of cars who were caught on video. Originally Posted by Fizley
Is there a traffic problem in Sargent, Texas? Or is there a Sargent, California? I do see some idiots speeding around and making illegal lane changes with California plates on their vehicles. I realize it's nicer to live in Texas, but I wish they had learned to obey traffic laws before they relocated.

"Following" in California!
Using your draft until you get out of the fucking passing lane. Originally Posted by Slitlikr

So you can get to Walmart before it closes

Too many people behind the wheel thinking they are in the Indy 500
So you can get to Walmart before it closes

Too many people behind the wheel thinking they are in the Indy 500 Originally Posted by VitaMan
The operative word with which I take issue is ...

"thinking"!

Texas Transportation Code – § 545.062. Following Distance

(a) An operator shall, if following another vehicle, maintain an assured clear distance between the two vehicles so that, considering the speed of the vehicles, traffic, and the conditions of the highway, the operator can safely stop without colliding with the preceding vehicle or veering into another vehicle, object, or person on or near the highway.

Texas Driver's Manual 2021 | (TX DMV Handbook) (dmv-permit-test.com)

Page 48 if one wants the science.
And apparently the recent DPS training for motorcycle licenses states that the traffic laws only apply to 4-wheeled vehicles with doors and enclosed seating equipment. And especially 2-wheeled vehicles do not have use any designated lanes and comply with posted speeds.
SUsing your draft until you get out of the fucking passing lane. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
What is the "passing lane"?
Save following ... maintaining a safe following distance!!!

And Fort Worth has plenty of safe drivers also ....

Maintaining that "safe following distance" of course!