Holy Tebow!

Tim Tebow reported to be signed as a developmental TE by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp
Tim Tebow reported to be signed as a developmental TE by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp Originally Posted by gnadfly

I wish him well and hope he makes the team.
Great character guy but have to wonder if this is for publicity or for real.
Too bad he didn't accept the fact that he was not an NFL QB 10 years ago. He might have had a successful career as a TE.

Great character guy but have to wonder if this is for publicity or for real. Originally Posted by bigstickdave6969

The NFL needs more guys like Tebow IMO. Even if it's for publicity I think He and the NFL wins if he makes the team.
Meanwhile the kap fans are getting all butt hurt.
Is Kap switching to TE?

Anybody wanna bet when Tebow is cut by JAX the McNair Family will pick him up? Because he fits in with the locker room?
Manzell finally gave it up, now trying to get hired by his alma mater
Johnny Football had the physical tools he just didn't have the heart to up his game mentally when it got tough. It always came easy for him until it didn't. His way of handling adversity was to run from it.

Tebow is a totally different character. Tough as nails physically and mentally but no where near the physical talent of Manziel.
I disagree. Tebow had more talent than Manziel. Manziel had Mike Evans to throw to at A&M. Am I a bigger Manziel fan than Tebow fan? Heck yeah. It was apparent Johnny Football's game wouldn't work in the NFL. The CFL either. At A&M it worked great.

What I don't get is the hate directed at Tebow for a chance to play again while Colin Kaepernick didn't get that chance supposedly. Kap got those chances. He showed up with a Kunta Kinte tshirt and a list of demands. He wanted starter money.

Tebow is not going to make those mistakes. He won't show up to Jags practice totting a cross or Tebowing during the national anthem. If he gets waived, who cares?

I'm not drafting Tebow in my fantasy league though. Regardless of position.
Perhaps I worded that wrong. I'm talking about QB ability and mechanics specifically.

Tebow was not a typical QB even in college. He just happened to have enough talent to play the position in that offense which didn't require him to make a ton of difficult downfield throws. Sure, he could make long throws but it was how he did it that was the problem. The fact that he could run like John Riggins kept linebackers close to the line. His biggest criticism was his mechanics. He generated his power from his legs which came from a long stride. He looked more like a ML pitcher throwing from a wind up which made for a very slow release and unpolished finish. Because that was how he generated his power he was never going to be able to change that. It would be like trying to teach him to throw right handed.

On the other hand Manziel had pretty decent mechanics and could generate power from his hips up which made for a much quicker release. It wasn't NFL caliber but the motion was there and could have been polished with good coaching and hard work on his part. Not being coachable as a player or as a professional was Manziel's biggest deterrent to him succeeding in the NFL.

I'm not discounting either of them talent wise. Hell, they both won the Heisman. I'm just saying that turning Tebow into a pro QB was never going to happen because he was never going to be able to make all the throws needed. Turning Manziel into a pro QB might have happened and he could have been Baker Mayfield before Baker Mayfield came along but he didn't want to work and take the coaching like a pro. He was more about the spotlight but didn't want to earn the spotlight. It seemed like he felt entitled.
How lucky was Bill B. to have Tom Brady fall in his lap
Meanwhile the kap fans are getting all butt hurt. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN

Kap wasn't any more of a true NFL qb as Johnny fartball or Jesus H Tebow was. Kap sucked until Jim Harbaugh tailored SF's offense to the few things he does well. Harbaugh leaves and Kap sucks again.

Manzell finally gave it up, now trying to get hired by his alma mater Originally Posted by VitaMan

Manzell's family has a lot of oil money. maybe daddy told him to get a day job till he gets his inheritance

How lucky was Bill B. to have Tom Brady fall in his lap Originally Posted by VitaMan

he didn't get drafted.
he didn't get drafted. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
WRONG! Brady was drafted by the New England Patriots with the 199th overall pick
Maybe a better phrase is how lucky was Bill B. to have Drew Bledsoe get an injury so Brady could start.

Maybe a better question is what Bill B. has done since Brady departed.
WRONG! Brady was drafted by the New England Patriots with the 199th overall pick Originally Posted by CryptKicker

that's .. what .. i .. posted ??

he didn't get drafted. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Bill Billicheat (LOL false) doesn't draft anyone he doesn't think has potential .. butt based on this you'd never know it

maybe Bill is a genius??

Maybe a better phrase is how lucky was Bill B. to have Drew Bledsoe get an injury so Brady could start.

Maybe a better question is what Bill B. has done since Brady departed. Originally Posted by VitaMan

BRADY 1 BILL 0

for now. Brady proved he can win without BillyCHEAT .. tbd