the rv and camping life

If you pass by highway 59 and beltway 8, you will see 2 giant yards filled with used rvs and campers....looks like most on consignment sales.

I have been trying to figure out for years if the rv and camping life would be any fun, how much effort it takes, and the true costs.

Any input please post.
They have a lot of different people doing vlogs on youtube these days.

You can find just about anything from narrow-boating in the UK, the TAT in the US, to single adventure travel just about anywhere in the world.

Even movie stars are getting into the travel blogging with some made for TV BS. (some dude that played in some star wars movie did one for Apple tv about him on an electric motorcycle that was fake as hell.)

But there are some good ones and I am sure you can find one with the personalities you like doing what you want. It might take a bit of searching, but might be worth it.

Not near what you asked for, but I like this one.........

For travel vlogs, I'm a fan of Itchy Boots. Awesome woman with a huge set of brass balls who is also easy on the eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Dpwc1y3ZU&t=434s

I believe it all depends. If your more comfortable within familiar walls the RV life is for you.

When you calculate the cost of the RV/Trailer, extra cost of fuel, the camp ground fee per night cost (Typically $40 to $200 per night), the question becomes cost. I can stay at the holiday inn for $200 a night. If you use it a lot, it will make $$$ sense. If you use it a couple of times a year it becomes an expensive glob in your driveway.

Where it worked well for me is i found a campground that rents by the season. Pull your trailer in May 1st And pull it out September 30 before the snow flies. It was great as I was able to park the trailer, leave it up there all set up, and just drive up Friday morning spend three days and come back down.
Rent before you buy. Try it for a week or so.
I believe it all depends. If your more comfortable within familiar walls the RV life is for you.

When you calculate the cost of the RV/Trailer, extra cost of fuel, the camp ground fee per night cost (Typically $40 to $200 per night), the question becomes cost. I can stay at the holiday inn for $200 a night. If you use it a lot, it will make $$$ sense. If you use it a couple of times a year it becomes an expensive glob in your driveway.

Where it worked well for me is i found a campground that rents by the season. Pull your trailer in May 1st And pull it out September 30 before the snow flies. It was great as I was able to park the trailer, leave it up there all set up, and just drive up Friday morning spend three days and come back down. Originally Posted by Fizley
+
I have been trying to figure out for years if the rv and camping life would be any fun, how much effort it takes, and the true costs.

Any input please post. Originally Posted by VitaMan
I don’t own an RV but a RV Park is a great place to pick up whores….ijs
Yes it is!
  • bbkid
  • 07-17-2021, 10:02 AM
OP,
RVing is just like most things in life - mild to wild / how much you wanna spend? AND, more importantly - how much are you going to use it?

A "tag-along" travel trailer is the least expense. Then you go to 5th wheels which cost more, and weigh more and will require a larger vehicle to pull it. Next is a gas powered motorhome - either a Class C (you might call it a "cab-over") to a Class A type (flat nosed / boxy looking) and then up to a diesel powered pusher (engine in the rear of the coach).

PPL - the place that you mentioned seeing alot of RV's, has them all, so I suggest that you go have a look. Take your time and ask ALOT of questions. Their sales staff is salaried, not commissioned, so they tend to be a bit less pushy.

Someone else mentioned renting and could not agree more! Just be aware that renting one is very expensive, but in the long run a real bargain if you were to decide that the lifestyle is not for you.You'll need to be a bit "mechanical" as those things require someone with, at a minimum, a little bit of automotive knowledge to operate.

Good luck.
i lived in an rv fulltime fr a year
stayed in hotels fr work but rv in a campground for off days

it was awesome!

if i hadnt ventured to new orleans and fell in love with the city,i would still be rving!!
Rent before you buy. Try it for a week or so. Originally Posted by DazedConfused
^^^^^^ This is what I will be telling all of my male friends from now on when they ask me for advice on a piece of ass...

My bad, carry on...

On Topic though OP: I have spent a couple of nights in an RV and there is no way in tarnation that I would ever reside in one.
  • bbkid
  • 07-18-2021, 08:06 AM
I don’t own an RV but a RV Park is a great place to pick up whores….ijs Originally Posted by Russ38
Uh Russ, I assume you mean Trailer Park. ???
Most RV Parks feature the over 65 ladies in 99.9% of the cases.
Always buy used from an individual. Depreciation in rvs is huge. Great deals out there for perfect condition barely used rvs. Will save money going this route.
  • Owj
  • 07-18-2021, 02:56 PM
The big downside that I see is having to drive everywhere. Fly to Vegas a couple hours, drive to Vegas a couple days. I know a few retired couples that love it. Go somewhere and stay till you get bored and then head to the next place.
Uh Russ, I assume you mean Trailer Park. ???
Most RV Parks feature the over 65 ladies in 99.9% of the cases. Originally Posted by bbkid
Depends on the location bbk…..the RV parks near the oil/gas workers from out of town are much different than the RV parks near the lake….