Lost everything in the flood

There are a few providers on eccie who lost everything in the flood in the Baton Rouge area I happen to schedule with Katiforu I know she is one of them if you guys could possibly world girls and your schedule I am sure it will be much appreciated
Oh my this is sad news. I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers sent
Yeah lots of folks homeless all over. Dam sad.
That is one hell of a horrible feeling when you have to get to your house by boat and walk through water in your house. An overwhelming feeling of loss. Sorry about this. You'd think you wouldn't have to worry about this shit when we haven't had a hurricane or tropical storm.

Really sorry for the losses to the ladies and guys and their families.
  • 1+1
  • 08-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Can we have a list of the providers that need help.
Oh my this is sad news. I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers sent Originally Posted by Seeking ~P
and I KNOW someone, not a provider, my grandparents, yeah, they have nothing. Are you offering any post-flood charity specials?
Can we have a list of the providers that need help. Originally Posted by 1on1
Easier to name the ones who don't.
Thanks for the mention. I live north where we flooded, and it sucks. I haven't even got to see what my house looks like cause I can't get in to the city.

But, luckily I have insurance so...hopefully, it will be a fast process.
Yeah it's a bad feeling to watch your house flood. I thought the water had stopped rising and was watching TV probably reading icky. Put something in the microwave and walked to the back. By the time the microwave finished water was flooding the house. We through what we can in my truck and try to get on higher ground. SO's car and kids car were left due to the rapidly rising water. Water was halfway upon my truck
F-250 Fx4 and I was dang proud when we made it to dry ground. So house and 2 cars gone in a few minutes.
I spent most of Friday night filling sandbangs next too mostly kids and grandmothers. Times like that I am proud to be from here. People step the fuck up. Sorry for your lost Scratchy and Kati. Must be dam hard.
It sucks, but I hope everyone else is okay on the board. We can always replace materialistic stuff, but not the things that really matter ♡
Celtic studios has shelter, food and other items
Yes and they are close to Costcos so supplies are available. Wish I could help but I am working a bad case of gout at the moment. Good luck all.
Best advice I can give you insurance wise..........

1. Take pictures and keep a copy of everything. If your fortunate enough to keep serial numbers of your stuff make copies. Even after you file your paperwork they will later on claim a new representative has taken over your area.......and do you have another copy of paperwork they should have anyway....be prepared.

2. Get a mildew test of your air-conditioning system. Only takes two days for mold spores to form. The test is 9,000 dollars and the insurance won't cover it initially.......but with that test taken your all but assured sufficient compensation for your major loss which is home and furniture.

3. Get your house raised. They will fight you tooth and nail on this......but after flooding the structural integrity of your house is suspect. What wasn't damaged now will surely show up in a future hurricane.

4. Choose your contractors carefully. Even some of the state mandated contractors are shady. And the government agency that controls whether you receive compensation or not. They are both in bed together.....dont forget that.
I'll add to the list.

Be patient with your agent! Can't say too much but I know for a fact some of us are dealing with flooding of our own/trapped in different cities.