Best steakhouses in Houson

Hello all!!Just moved to Houston. Can someone recommend some good steakhouses in the Houston area? Preferably in the Southwest part of town. Nothing better than a good steak after a provider visit.
Pappas Brothers!
Number of great places, just whether you are expensing it or not. Papas is close to 59. Mortons is normally safe.

Try the search feature and you should get some good suggestions.
Vic And Anthonys one of my favorites
Vic and Anthony's is the best!! I go there often and I am never disappointed!
  • bbkid
  • 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Vic and Anthony's.
There's a great Churrascaria called Nelore's close to the intersection of Montrose and Richmond. Surprisingly inexpensive compared to most Argentine steakhouses and they really load you up with a ton of great food.

http://houston.neloresteakhouse.com/
I was referring to Southwest towards Sugar Land
There are few bad steak places in Houston. I suggest using Yelp as it has great info. I am not familiar with Sugar Land but I think they have a couple good places at the big collection of restaurants and hotels - 59 @ Hwy 6.

Did you just move here? With a name like houstonlatinalover I would think you are a native Houstonian or a long time transplant.
Fogo De Chao is interesting, but is not SW (just west).
For great steaks and other food, and one of the most romantic places in Houston, I would recommend Brenners on Birdsall. It used to be the Rainbow Lodge.

The building is the Old Hog (VERY wealthy Houston family) hunting lodge and it was converted to a restaurant. It was famous for wild game as well.
This needs to be in "The Sandbox" or even "ISO"!??
Thanks for all the recommendations. No one mentioned the steak at Treasures? Do they still do it? I Yelped steakhouses southwest and had lunch at Tradicao www.tradicaosteakhouse.com on 59. Excellent place, steak melted in my mouth. Now I need to check out all the others recommended, possibly start with Pappas bc they have highest ranking on Yelp, Sullivan's, Vics, etc in that order.
Treasures steaks are OK, just Ok. The chef they had several years ago was much better.

AND, on the weekends the entire menu was 1/2 price - THAT was a good deal. Then they changed the pricing.

There are MUCH better steaks than Treasures.

However, the Treasures in Las Vegas has fantastic food!
Search is your friend...

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=365083

Told you bitches...

The last place you want to visit to rate steakhouses is Yelp, Urbanspoon, or anything like them. The types of people who don't mind paying for a good steak don't post reviews or ratings on those sites. The ones who do, rate them low because they're pissed they had to pay so much to he something they didn't expect.

Capital Grille, Fleming's, Morton's, Del Frisco's all are premium steakhouses. Perry's, Vic and Anthony's, Smith and Wollensky are good too.