S.A. social

I heard that there are meet and greet type social. Any info on when and where they happen?
  • Mokoa
  • 04-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Contact the member ck1942 by PM to learn more and request an invite.
I heard that there are meet and greet type social. Any info on when and where they happen? Originally Posted by plezher
I've heard the same thing, too.

So, as a reminder for all who might not be able to research properly, this is what I send to gents who inquire (ladies are similarly vouched in as well, but slightly different process) :

Event vouching (and attendance) requirements

Social vouching protocol for hobbyists outlined below (because I don't need any of your personal data in case a provider needs a gentle reminder of who you might be). There's a separate process in which providers are vouched.

-- Please ask at least two established providers to send me vouches for sessions from within the past 90 days or so.

-- What they need to tell me is: 1) you are an active hobbyist (meaning they saw you within the past 90 days or so) who respected their rules and 2) they feel you will respect the event rules (see link in my signature)

I'll let you know soon as I receive their vouches.

Just so you fully know the event rules. They mandate that

-- there is no hobby talk at any event

-- no data from any event may be shared with persons who were not present at that event

-- that those who join the invite list commit to hobbying at least every other month or so (and getting re-vouched periodically) and commit to attending events every other month or so, as well.

The organizers understand -- and take into account -- that the Real World may interfere with attending (and sessioning) commitments and will take that into account if you tell us.

You may forward this message to the providers if you wish.

ck

p.s. - My preferred route for sending event invites is e-mail. Please let me know your hobby email address.

= = = = =

While the events have been on-going since 2003 on a regular basis, it is important to note that (for persons living locally) the events are intended to be more or less regularly attended, as well. Events are not for persons who want to meet & greet only once every 3 or 4 months. Nor for persons (male or female) who hobby only every 3 or 4 months, either.

Repeating below, one of the most important rules:

-- no data from any event may be shared with persons who were not present at that event

which some folks have been sent reminders recently that this rule remains intact.