Providers and Self Defense

Without disclosing any details of your personal security you are uncomfortable with discussing, how many providers know something about self defense, unarmed or otherwise? Have you ever considered taking classes? Anything beyond the women's program taught by volunteers in places like campuses? Any preferred styles, techniques, or methods? Would you be interested in something developed especially for your potential needs?
Wait... this probably belongs in the Security board. Didn't even occur to me.
I've taken some women's self defense class @ my former college (VCU) ..... I've thought of taking something else since then for defense and health like tae knon do or just regular boxing. *shrugs*
I've taken some women's self defense class @ my former college (VCU) ..... I've thought of taking something else since then for defense and health like tae knon do or just regular boxing. *shrugs* Originally Posted by MOCHAakaMOCHA
That is something I do know about. I don't recommend WTF TKD simply because it's become a tournament sport: something like Kempo, or maybe Wing Chun I do recommend.
Bowling
Nope. Don't need classes. Ass kicking comes naturally to me. lol
Keep this handy...
Attached Images File Type: jpg nutcrackers.jpg (3.4 KB, 181 views)
I am licensed to carry a weapon, but being from the south I can assure you it does not have to get pulled very often. I was kicked out of school more times than I can count for fighting, and I have not forgotten what I learned lol. I do think it's very hard for a woman to overpower a man though..just basic body make up. Being smart about it, is key.
I am new 2 Jujitsu and have training in Krav Maga , I definite recommend Krav Maga if it's offered in your area !!
I am licensed to carry a weapon, but being from the south I can assure you it does not have to get pulled very often. I was kicked out of school more times than I can count for fighting, and I have not forgotten what I learned lol. I do think it's very hard for a woman to overpower a man though..just basic body make up. Being smart about it, is key. Originally Posted by London Rayne
None of this surprises me and only some of it scares me....However, I am very happy I will never have to worry about you in this regard....but I fear for others!!
None of this surprises me and only some of it scares me....However, I am very happy I will never have to worry about you in this regard....but I fear for others!! Originally Posted by Ed Highlight

I tend not to see stupid people, so nothing to worry about. I can usually tell just by how they post, if they can expect an azz kicking. Hell...some guys pay for that!
I have some training in Aikido. I posted a few videos of women performing Aikido techniques. Women do quite well in Aikido against a larger more aggressive attacker. Learning just a few good techniques can get one out of a jam. In more advanced techniques Aikido will enable you defend yourself against multiple attackers. In Aikido it's called "Randori"
I found this video of a women practicing Randori against three male attackers. Keep in mind all participants are well versed in Aikido and the Dojo is a controlled environment. But in the real world her attacker(s) could sustain serious injury.

http://youtu.be/7dseRDlL7es
I find martial arts interesting ever since i was a little kid. I've had wing chun rec'd to me by a male friend. I'll look into it.

Krav Maga looks kick-ass too.
What ever happened to a swift kick in the nuts?