Got busted for drunk driving in Ohio, Texas license

Pardon me SJ but are you going to represent the member on his or her appeal to the CCA so you can be right in the thick of things?
I'll represent anyone anytime anywhere about anything, as long as they pay me -- even you.
I'll represent anyone anytime anywhere about anything, as long as they pay me -- even you. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
This^^^ is an absolute turn on sir

I appreciate that gesture SJ but I will decline your offer as I do not need an attorney. However, if you find yourself in need of a malpractice attorney, send me a PM and I can send you a couple of names.
It's really not accurate to say that a city or other jurisdiction "passed no-refusal laws." Under existing Texas law, a cop who can set forth probable cause of DWI to a magistrate can get a warrant for a blood sample. When a LE agency decides to do this, they implement a policy to get the warrants and samples. From a practical standpoint, the hard part is getting samples. At first, some LE agencies trained cops to get samples, but now the cop takes the suspect to a hospital. Some LE agencies bill the suspect for the cost of the test.

The constitutionality of blood samples by warrant has been tested and upheld throughout the land. I keep waiting for a test case where the suspect refuses and the cops hold him down or strap him to a gurney to get a sample, a la Rochin v. California, 342 U.S. 165 (1952), in which the U.S. Supreme Court, in an 8-0 decision, ruled evidence pumped from the stomach of a suspect inadmissible. So far, I haven't noticed such a case. If any of you are handed a warrant for blood, I'd appreciate it if you'd resist so I can see the outcome on appeal. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
(staff edit; fixed quoting; ztonk)

Should such an instance ever happen to me (Hopefully it never will) warrant or not they will have to strap me down to draw any blood from me.
(staff edit; fixed quoting; ztonk)

Should such an instance ever happen to me (Hopefully it never will) warrant or not they will have to strap me down to draw any blood from me. Originally Posted by Joe Buck
They will taser your ass. Much easier for them, that way!