Curious

Can someone be charged for illegal/criminal activities, during the course of their employment as an employee of a state agency in Louisiana, after they've retired?

Shit! Does that question make sense?

How about this way? Accused of ; Acting the fool, breaking the rules on state time in La. one other allegation made during employment, approximately 3 years ago, charges never filed because the accuser couldn't keep the story straight, the accused was initially suspended then demoted, has since retired, now new allegations from a different person are being made and the accused is kinda worried but doesn't want to panic yet! Could charges after retirement be filed for alleged bs during employment?
And NO! It IS NOT ME! Asking for a very good friend!
Yes, assuming the statute of limitations hasn't run.
I agree with 1980saguy. The fact that an employee is fired, retires, or quits their employment doesn't bar prosecution for criminal conduct committed during their employment.
Thanks y'all. I think he knew that considering his former job. But I thought I would ask on his behalf! Thanks again!

Ciao~
S~~
I agree with 1980saguy. The fact that an employee is fired, retires, or quits their employment doesn't bar prosecution for criminal conduct committed during their employment. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Good point prosecution for criminal conduct committed during their employment