manage attachments not working? april 25

Tues April 25--I am trying to post my weekly ad in Dallas verified providers--when I click on manage attachments, it does NOT go to my pics--nothing happens--is the manage attachments option disabled on eccie, or is my computer not working?
Best of luck ironing out the issue. Seems to be some confusion on displaying images here.

A number of my stored attachments here remain intact. Others show "clear gif" in the overline and are blank, and some appear to be of ladies who are not present here?

Gotta conclude either some sort of malfunction (unlikely) or, since the hosting policy has changed, those attachments have been cleared somehow by administration. If a malfunction, sure hope it is cleared up soonest.

The way I understand the new policy is nothing will be hosted here but must be hosted elsewhere and can be hotlinked to be displayed here.

Definitely a bother for those folks who may not have saved their attachments elsewhere, imo.

Personally, I have always saved my images in several places aside from here; but to be displayed here, imo, technically those images must be visible to the public in the "live" storage place on line elsewhere, so be careful where you store stuff that you want to be kept more private than public. PM me if you want some suggestions.
  • Mokoa
  • 04-26-2017, 10:57 PM
The ability to upload pictures as attachments to posts is going away. This site will no longer be hosting images except for the showcases and the avatars. If you want to add pictures to your posts you are going to have to host them elsewhere (Imagecoast, for example) and link them here. The following from the Technical Questions forum will be of interest to you...

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=251071