We’re Not Repealing Obamacare

http://www.glennbeck.com/2017/04/27/...ing-obamacare/

interview with South Carolina House Representative Mark Sanford (R):

GLENN: So let me ask you a couple of things on, the Freedom Caucus stood against — and you stood against Obamacare. I’m sorry. Obamacare and Trumpcare.

MARK: Yeah.

GLENN: When Trumpcare was being pushed, you were actually threatened by Team Trump. They said that, if you didn’t sign up, they would challenge you in the primary of 2018. And from what I understand, you said, “Go ahead.” Now they’re saying that the Freedom Caucus is starting to come on board. Is there something that we can actually look at, that is possibly decent?

MARK: Yeah. It’s represented in this MacArthur Amendment whether or not that will ultimately get us up and over the top, I’m not sure. But I think that the Freedom Caucus — well, I know the Freedom Caucus has come on board based on the belief of, one, let’s tell the truth to the American public. The truth is we’re not repealing the Affordable Care Act. Even though there had been a lot of fanfare when we had a Democratic president and it couldn’t go into effect, you know, 60 votes to that effect in the House of Representatives, the bill that made its way all the way to the president, a lot of chest-beating saying, “We’ve got to repeal. We’ve got to repeal. We’ve got to repeal.” When push comes to shove, now that we have the chance, they were not willing — the conference was not willing to bring that bill forward. And I think that the allies that I deal with in the Freedom Caucus pushed awfully hard on that, saying, wait. This is something that is clear consensus in the House, the Senate. We’ve done it multiple times. But for whatever reason, that isn’t where we were. This other bill moved forward. It wasn’t, as I say, ready for prime time. It had a number of different deficiencies that I think would have hurt people who rely on the individual marketplace for their insurance. And in essence, this MacArthur Amendment was an experiment in federalism. Getting it was called title one. And title one is really the central nervous system of what drives up cost in the individual marketplace and what, frankly, drives the Affordable Care Act. And our fight in —

GLENN: What is title one?

MARK: Title one basically deals with insurance being insurance. So if I said to you, we’re going to — you know, I’m going to give you great insurance. You know, great insurance. You have a 200,000-dollar house. But you’ve got to buy a million and a half dollar policy. You would say, that ain’t great insurance for me. It might be great insurance, but it’s not great insurance for me. Great insurance is the insurance that fits for me and for my family and those that I love. And so what title one gets at is, all the different provisions that prevented insurance from being insurance. Insurance is not being able to buy your homeowner’s policy when the house is on fire. You have to buy your homeowner’s policy ahead of time to be covered. And what the Affordable Care Act did is it said, you could wait until your house was on fire to buy a homeowner’s policy. So title one was, again, letting — preventing insurance from being insurance. And it was our belief that if you were ever going to, again, affect the cost of insurance for that small business person out there struggling to make it and struggling with fewer choices and rising premiums, you had to let insurance be insurance. And so that’s what the fight has been about. And what this MacArthur Amendment did was it said, okay. We’ll split the baby. And we’ll do a federalism experiment. States that want to let insurance be insurance, they can do that. States that don’t, won’t. If Vermont wants to go to a single-payer system, they may. If South Carolina wants to go to a more market-based system, they may. And that I think is the most you’ll be able to get out of the conference. And at that point, the Freedom Caucus folded the cards and said, I guess, as of yesterday to be exact, we’ll sign off on that particular measure. And that’s where things are right now.

this is actually disappointing. they never intended to repeal obamacare. so, this 6 year farce was them playing the game.
Well one thing is for sure Delbert with you starting all these threads it keeps fat ass from spamming the forum with what the Mods need to do about him getting his ass handed to him carry on
Well one thing is for sure Delbert with you starting all these threads it keeps fat ass from spamming the forum with what the Mods need to do about him getting his ass handed to him carry on Originally Posted by gary5912
Lube is probably out trolling for sympathy and fudge-packings at San Antonio's Fiesta ( a city-wide 2 week long party held during this time of the year ) .
Lube is probably out trolling for sympathy and fudge-packings at San Antonio's Fiesta ( a city-wide 2 week long party held during this time of the year ) . Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Lots of High-Carb food being served!
  • WTF
  • 04-30-2017, 09:53 AM
http://www.glennbeck.com/2017/04/27/...ing-obamacare/

interview with South Carolina House Representative Mark Sanford (R):

this is actually disappointing. they never intended to repeal obamacare. so, this 6 year farce was them playing the game. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
This 6 year farce was them playing you and people similar to you....kinda like Benghazi and that Lock her up chant. Kinda like this NK and Syria crap.

This 6 year farce was them playing you and people similar to you....kinda like Benghazi and that Lock her up chant. Kinda like this NK and Syria crap. Originally Posted by WTF
you won't get any argument on that.

democrats got played too. they did all the hard work in getting that passed and lost seats as consequence.

repeal obamacare mantra was successful enough that it got the republicans back in power.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...rticle/2621543

more on the republican deception over Obamacare.

"It is a problem that we have members in the Republican conference that do not want Obamacare repealed, because of their district. That's the fundamental thing that we're seeing here."

basically what they are saying is their votes are more important than keeping promises.

I'm not buying their excuses.
  • WTF
  • 04-30-2017, 01:26 PM

repeal obamacare mantra was successful enough that it got the republicans back in power. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Yes...but will it keep them in power in 2018?
Yes...but will it keep them in power in 2018? Originally Posted by WTF
good question, I don't know.

recently some of them have beaten back attempts at being cantered.

so there are some smart operatives out there who wont leave anything to chance.
We will see in the Senate.

I need my health insurance monthly premium cut in half though.
We will see in the Senate.

I need my health insurance monthly premium cut in half though. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The Senate already said it is dead. And don't get your hopes up. The main purpose is huge tax credits to the rich, not cut your premium
Republicans are high-fiving themselves for the huge accomplishment of agreeing amongst themselves on a bill that they haven't read, don't know what it will cost, don't know who it will help and don't care who it will hurt. This is what leadership in the 21st century Republican Party has come to.
  • Trey
  • 05-05-2017, 12:37 PM
I dont see how he can keep pre-existing conditions and no mandate. That pool will swell so large, and whos putting in? With no mandate why buy insurance if the Republicans are just gonna pay out when you get sick. I'm thinking they tax the few that have insurance to try and fund the pool? Whats the plan on that anyone know?

I think they are going back on recess this week coming. They will hear what constituents at home think. The CBO has not scored this yet either to see how bad (or good lol) this bill is. Last one had like 17% of people in favor of it.

I'm more for him sitting down with both sides and fixing Ocare.
The Senate already said it is dead. Originally Posted by BigLouie
It did?