Memorial Day is upon us Monday

Memorial Day occurs on the final Monday in May of each year in the US. Unlike Veteran’s Day (which celebrates the service of all US veterans, living or dead), Memorial Day is dedicated to the remembrance of the men and women who have died while serving in our Armed Forces.
I sit here this weekend; I am remembering all of my fallen brothers and sisters, but particularly am contemplating the 6708 of my comrades in arms who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in our global wars on terrorism since 9/11.
May God bless our fallen, their families, their service and their memories. Our hearts and prayers go out those left behind.

Respectfully,
OldSarge
Sir, Yes Sir.
Nicely done.
Thank you sarge for the statement in which I believe had been lost to our youth. But I'm grateful for the freedoms we have but not on how we have to do for those freedoms. To all my brothers and sisters in arms that have fallen.

Thank you
+1

Freedom is never free.
Memorial Day occurs on the final Monday in May of each year in the US. Unlike Veteran’s Day (which celebrates the service of all US veterans, living or dead), Memorial Day is dedicated to the remembrance of the men and women who have died while serving in our Armed Forces.
I sit here this weekend; I am remembering all of my fallen brothers and sisters, but particularly am contemplating the 6708 of my comrades in arms who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in our global wars on terrorism since 9/11.
May God bless our fallen, their families, their service and their memories. Our hearts and prayers go out those left behind.

Respectfully,
OldSarge Originally Posted by OldSarge
Nicely done Sarge!

I always take a moment to remember my Mom's brother.

To me personally, Memorial Day would not be Memorial Day without remembering the 58,282 American soldiers who died in Nam.

RIP, my brothers!
Thanks to all who give up their freedom to serve for ours ! And especially those who have given the ultimate ! Bless them and their loved ones .
It makes me think, so few have ever served their Nation, less than 1%.......this actually makes them the best 1% in the world! When people are sipping their Fuckyouccino's with their nose up in the air, they should always remember how they are blessed to be so snotty and take the time to say thank you to a man or woman who serves!
I've always been a patriotic person. I've had family serve in past generations. Drafted and career military. And have been blessed to not lose one during service.

But I'll admit, since my son is now serving in Afghanistan, it has become a much more difficult holiday for me.

Alisha ....xoxo
I've always been a patriotic person. I've had family serve in past generations. Drafted and career military. And have been blessed to not lose one during service.

But I'll admit, since my son is now serving in Afghanistan, it has become a much more difficult holiday for me.

Alisha ....xoxo Originally Posted by Just Alisha
May he, and all others return safely, and soon JA.
Thanks, Sarge. You're a class act.

60% of my helicopter flight class in Savannah was a casualty. I don't know the split between KIA/MIA. I was lucky and was sent to Thailand. I recall every week recognizing a classmate in the casualty list in the Stars & Stripes.

To those who served and their families: Thank-you. To those who paid the ultimate price and to their loved ones: God Bless You One And All. I salute you.
Nothing I say could ever be enough nor could I ever express the gratitude and respect I feel for veterans. My father came back, thank God, but he never really came back. Every time I see a veteran, especially one that is my dad's age I have a strong urge to hug them and say thank you, but I don't for obvious reasons. It hurts me to the core that you give yourselves freely and without complaint and people/government, in general, never give a second thought about any of it. All veterans, combat in particular, have a special place in my heart. Not that that really means much, but I wanted to say it. I mean that with all my heart.