SA attractions

Planning on bringing my ATF to SA for a couple of days to just visit and some intensive BCD time. Where to stay and what to see. Is the marine world thing still there?
Sea World and Fiesta Texas are both open. Keep in mind that it is Summer vacation and you'll be outnumbered by screaming rugrats 30-1. Not for the weak of spirit who is traveling without shitheads of their own.

The Riverwalk is always a fine place for first-timers. It really is unique and enjoyable. As for accommodations, SA now has a number of world-class golf resorts (JW Marriott, Hyatt Hill Country, TPC, among others) that offer terrific amenities whether you duff or not.
Emerald and I share a birthday so it will be the middle of May. In 2013 she and I went to the Horseshoe in Bossier City. So this is a long range plan. Neither of us is interested in Six Flags but the river walk is high on the list.
If you're willing and able to be flexible on your timing, come in April for Fiesta. 10 days of Puro San Antonio. Mardi Gras with sombreros.
But our birthdays are the middle of May so the rug rats will still be in school. I would imagine the celebration in April will inflate the hotel rates.
But our birthdays are the middle of May so the rug rats will still be in school. I would imagine the celebration in April will inflate the hotel rates. Originally Posted by tucson
If you book far enough in advance it isn't too bad, but yes the rates are still higher than usual. Fiesta, the Rodeo. Also the first Friday of every month there is this kind of art walk thing downtown with arts, crafts, music, etc.
The first Fri. sounds like fun. The river walk and sea world if it is still there. She hasn't been to the Alamo yet so that is a must see. I was there when I was about 9 years old.
Planning on bringing my ATF to SA for a couple of days to just visit and some intensive BCD time. Where to stay and what to see. Is the marine world thing still there? Originally Posted by tucson

Its already been said,
but THE RIVERWALK!

I chose to move to SA because its literally the most beautiful and
peaceful place Ive seen in America, and Ive been almost everywhere!
To me The Riverwalk is one of the Best places to visit- anywhere!
If you guys are good friends, you're sure to REALLY enjoy the Riverwalk together.
Definitely try to get a room ON The Riverwalk, its really a romantic setting!
My FAVORITE thing to do theres besides a fun night out-
Sunday Morning Brunch! I try to do that whenever Im home. All of the nice restaurants offer a
really amazing Brunch on Sunday mornings, its really a wonderful
and memorable experience! Hope you have fun!
Its already been said,
but THE RIVERWALK!

If you guys are good friends, you're sure to REALLY enjoy the Riverwalk together.
Sunday Morning Brunch! I try to do that whenever Im home. All of the nice restaurants offer a
Originally Posted by Candi Staxx

+1

Me and candi always have a blast on the riverwalk plus its beautiful tons of great food and bars that don't mind if u turn the place into a dance club lol.
Thanks Candi that is what I was looking for. I have sufficient time to gather the coins to do it up right. When I do some thing like this I want to go first class or not at all. Emerald and I have spent time together and she is a fun to be with. We will probably go mid week rather than on a week end. I don't know what day our birthday will fall on. We both had fun at the Horseshoe and she brought me luck at the roulette wheel.
I didn't mention that I introduced her to a good friend that happens to be a cop. The look on her face when he drove up in a police car was priceless.
I would totally recommend the Alamo!

I'd also recommend the Missions (the historical sights. Worth a visit at least once), Tower of Americas, Botanical Garden, Majestic Theater. Not sure what else you all are into. But those are always worth a look when in SA and have not seen them before.
Its already been said,
but THE RIVERWALK!

Originally Posted by Candi Staxx
Candi,
Thank you for saying that.
Being a near native (family coming from here but me being the military brat) I tend to avoid the tourist route. But I am always surprised when I hear how people like this city. I thought we lost the small town feel in this po'dunk town. I'm glad that it must still be here.

Nikki, thanks for appreciating it also.

And I have had great pleasure showing other parts of the river to another Provider in town. Move away from the riverwalk and you will find miles of trails that you can walk/job/bike ride on.

Thanks for making me appreciate what we have. And i'd take great joy if we could get a group together to take in the trails along the waterway.

Oh, Tucson, forgot to mention that if you find yourself depleted in coins, there is Royalty Coin on the riverwalk
Thanks Precious
I went to school a while in Pleasanton when I was in the 5th grade. I dropped all of the bank CDs and moved my money in to gold and silver. Gold at the time was $860 an ounce sure beat the hell out of the 1.3% the bank was paying. Emerald is quick witted and fits into my life style real good. As May gets closer we will begin choosing what to do.
Closest I came to precious metal investments was keeping an ounce of silver in my wallet when taking the bus to SAC. I didn't want something I could spend immediately. But if I was in a bind, I could stop at the old Meddler Coin (now Royalty) and get the cash between bus transfers.
Gray Moss Inn is a must see